Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wood/painted frames best brush?

joe34

Hi just wondered what brush everyone uses for wood and painted old framed Windows ?

I use the light weight medium bristle sill brush for new pvc frames but Gardiner don't seem to sell this with soft bristles as the medium brush takes of the paint.

At the moment I go back to my old vikan soft sill brush to clean these Windows but it's like having a brick on the end of your pole so just wondered if anyone has any advise?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Myself I try and stay clear of jobs with painted wooden frames that are in bad condition.

I can see what your saying there ,I've got a fair few of these houses but they are well priced so it would be a shame to give them up

You can't really wfp windows that have paint coming off onto your brush as is a real pain in the ****.

If you clean them from the start with soft bristles and the paint work is good they will be fine but I've learnt the hard way using a medium brush will cause the paint to flake.if they are knacked from the start I tend to avoid them too

I always noticed a few of my work with wooden frames always leave a few spotting which really bothered me.

I told my customers wfp is not really ideal for wooden frames but they say it OK because it mostly the conservatory they want cleaned which wfp is perfect for anyway.

Latest Posts

Back