Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chris Moran

Hey all,

Been scouting the forum for a few months and must say, I've been inspired by your stories. So much so that I have decided to join you all in my quest for a better life, and one day, hopefully cleaner windows too.

I've worked in management and sales for most of my life, always developing myself and chasing the bigger title and the money. To be honest, I've been miserable for a long time. Work's stressful, don't have a work-life balance, don't like the man, I'm my own guy and it's time to do my own thing now.

I've thought about a window cleaning business for a while and it's something that I always come back to. I'm looking to establish a strategy and goals to starting up a business. I'd appreciate any feedback at all. My burning questions to you would be -

1) Cost of equipment (very keen to hear your take on trad vs water fed) in terms of cost and efficiency. Pros and cons.

2) How to go about the transformation of working full time in my current job to establishing a business of my own. Was thinking, find part-time work and clean part-time until I can build a respectful customer base.

3) Vehicle. I currently drive a BMW 1 Series. Could potentially fit a roof rack. However, would this hold sufficient space for equipment? Could possibly purchase a trailer. Would you recommend a van only or could this be done with a car?

4) Could look to being employed as a window cleaner to train and gain any knowledge.

This is very much a plan in the initial stages but I'm a determined man so looking to get up and running asap.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Chris, great to have you with us. If you need any help with the forum let me know, otherwise our fab members have plenty of advice and experience to share. /emoticons/wink.png:thumbsup:

Back