Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners Dual Trim Medium Mixed Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

...it's changed /emoticons/ohmy.png ordered one and bristles are much softer and silkier than before! They used to be much stiffer bristles. Care to comment Alex? Not complaining just wondering :unsure:

I aint got a lot off experience in the game but i bought one off these brushes and i love it, its soooooo much better than the Brodex brush that came with the brodex pole i bought, ive put it on my clx 27 and what a great combo, even someone like me with naff all experience can tell its good.

i've used mine for a week and love it......but!!!! i cant see it lasting long, the bristles are spreadinging already. but it is beautiful to use i love the way it spreads onto the window and how it gets right into the corners and sticks to the edge of the seals. i might get their sill brush next

I love the old dual trim brush had it for 6 months or more so looking forward to trying the new on ,Alex don`t come on here much although he should o you may not get a reply quickly .

...it's changed /emoticons/ohmy.png ordered one and bristles are much softer and silkier than before! They used to be much stiffer bristles. Care to comment Alex? Not complaining just wondering :unsure:
You are right they have changed - due to market research and customer feedback a while back we made the change to slightly finer bristles to improve cleaning ability and speed on the glass. If this does not suit you as much send me an email and I can arrange a switch back to the type you like.

[email protected]

You are right they have changed - due to market research and customer feedback a while back we made the change to slightly finer bristles to improve cleaning ability and speed on the glass. If this does not suit you as much send me an email and I can arrange a switch back to the type you like.
[email protected]
No I do like the newer one. It doesn't seem to be as aggressive especially on leaded glass /emoticons/wink.png

Not sure if my brush, a super light dual trim medium, is the new or old design. How can I tell the difference if I only have one brush and nothing to compare it with? I absolutely love it for first cleans and monthlies. It's my favorite brush and the only one I think I'll be using. I'm the kind of guy who likes to keep it simple.

Not sure if my brush, a super light dual trim medium, is the new or old design. How can I tell the difference if I only have one brush and nothing to compare it with? I absolutely love it for first cleans and monthlies. It's my favorite brush and the only one I think I'll be using. I'm the kind of guy who likes to keep it simple.
Hi Mike
First of all is it a white and red one? If so it is the very first softer version. If it is white and black one then the absolute way to tell is to take a vernier scale and measure the white outer bristles - on the newer ones this should read about 0.25mm (0.0095 inch) the older stiffer batch would read about 0.35mm (0.014 inch)

If I were to take a look at it in a short video showing you brushing the bristles with your hand I could probably tell by the way they bend.

If you bought it within the last 9 months then it will be the newer soft one. Drop me an email and I can always help you out further.

You will be pleased to know Mike that from the 1st of April we will be having a US direct website that will be stocking nearly all of our pole and brush range in the US at nearly UK prices.

Hi Mike
First of all is it a white and red one? If so it is the very first softer version. If it is white and black one then the absolute way to tell is to take a vernier scale and measure the white outer bristles - on the newer ones this should read about 0.25mm (0.0095 inch) the older stiffer batch would read about 0.35mm (0.014 inch)
We are window cleaners Alex not engineers lol /emoticons/ohmy.png

We are window cleaners Alex not engineers lol /emoticons/ohmy.png
I love the brush so much I don't even care if it's the new one or old one. /emoticons/smile.png

I have the brand new radius sill brush. If it's new it should be the same as that, right?

I love the brush so much I don't even care if it's the new one or old one. /emoticons/smile.png
I have the brand new radius sill brush. If it's new it should be the same as that, right?
Yes that is correct if the Medium Mixed brush is a new one the white outer bristles will feel the same as the white bristles on the Radius Sill brush.

Back