Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What trolley

Jaylee42

Hi all thinking of buying a trolley 25lt,will pay up to £450 any suggestions would be very appreciated.Have been looking at the pure freedom one as I've only got an estate car and need something compact.

I'd recommend the Pure Freedom 25L trolley. I used one before moving to a van mount, very sturdy & reliable and now my backup system (should I need one).

The only minor downside I found was that the nuts holding the wheels in place protrude a bit and if you're not careful you could end up scratching objects whilst wheeling the trolley through narrow spaces (eg: alloy wheels on customers' cars etc...).

Hi all thinking of buying a trolley 25lt,will pay up to £450 any suggestions would be very appreciated.Have been looking at the pure freedom one as I've only got an estate car and need something compact.
Hi i have used pure freedom trolleys for 7 years they are very good and are on special offer at the moment i do residential and commercial jobs with mine including flats,offices car showrooms nursing homes and schools etc and i work on my own

There are a number of similar trolleys to the Pure Freedom one, but I believe the freedom trolley is the most compact due to the folding handle. I also like the hook on the handle for hanging a coiled hose on. None of the others will fit in the boot of my car as it is a saloon. If this is not an issue then one of the others may be cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i have used pure freedom trolleys for 7 years they are very good and are on special offer at the moment i do residential and commercial jobs with mine including flats,offices car showrooms nursing homes and schools etc and i work on my own
Hi how long does it take for the charger to go from yellow to green seems like it's taking ages ? Also do you really have to charge it every day ?

I wouldn't recommend one. I've tried a couple and have found a backpack to be much more versatile. You can put it on a trolley when needed and pick it up to go thru houses or over rough ground

Soon as can get van mount do it. I went trolley route and regretted it sold quickly and went van mount much better. Everyone on said go van mount but thought be ok but didnt like the trolley route. Mine was pure freedom .. good but not for me. Use a backpack for hard access etc. Stick on on a sack truck ... trolley sorted. Gardiners one for me. Good luck.

I have an X-line trolley and its great.

All alloy with adjustable handle, Battery is fantastic.

I started with the pure-freedom trolley, moved to a van mount but kept the trolley, still use it 4/5 times a week. Monday I couldn't get any water coming through on the van mount, took me nearly an hour to discover that the inner lining of my main hose had split away from the outer. Ordered a new hose, which came today. No work lost as I used the trolley. Bit of a pain to keep filling the barrel. But no work lost. I like to have a backup for every foreseeable breakdown. Pure-freedom trolley all the way.

If you are determined to get a trolley then pure freedom is good

But as above they are a ball ache

Van mount plus backpack is best

I've got the pure-freedom one now and my plan was to just use it for cleaning awkward windows fascias and gutters.Now I'm thinking maybe i could just do top windows with it and carry on traditional with the bottoms.Ive only got an estate car at the moment so can't take much water about.

I've got the pure-freedom one now and my plan was to just use it for cleaning awkward windows fascias and gutters.Now I'm thinking maybe i could just do top windows with it and carry on traditional with the bottoms.Ive only got an estate car at the moment so can't take much water about.
This is what I did to start with. Then once you have your first cleans out of the way you won't need any thing like as much water. then you can start wfping the bottoms as well. With the flow rate set right you can cover a considerable amount of residential work with just six barrels. I used six barrels yesterday, started at 9am and was finished by 2pm yesterday. That same work used to take me till 5pm when trad.

This is what I did to start with. Then once you have your first cleans out of the way you won't need any thing like as much water. then you can start wfping the bottoms as well. With the flow rate set right you can cover a considerable amount of residential work with just six barrels. I used six barrels yesterday, started at 9am and was finished by 2pm yesterday. That same work used to take me till 5pm when trad.
Did a test with trolley yesterday and even on number 1 the water was coming out past the end of the brush.I was told it shouldn't be much more than that what is your suggestion ?Most of my customers are a bit wary of wfp so i need to ease it in slowly.Would be nice not to be going up n down ladder all day and safer in winter.

Did a test with trolley yesterday and even on number 1 the water was coming out past the end of the brush.I was told it shouldn't be much more than that what is your suggestion ?Most of my customers are a bit wary of wfp so i need to ease it in slowly.Would be nice not to be going up n down ladder all day and safer in winter.
Once I had the feel for wfp, I didn't want to go near a ladder again. I've just recently found a way to do the remaining five ladder jobs I had with WFP, so I no longer have any that I regularly have to do with ladders. I'm well happy about that and plan to keep it that way.

For regular cleans I have mine set on about 40%. For really bad ones I wack it on 100% for the duration of the clean. But that's just me. Yesterday I was on 40% all day. This morning has been 50/50 as I've had some work along a main road that get quite dirty

I used to put 9 25l barrels in my estate 5 on the back seats (seats removed)4 in the back footwells trolly and trad geaer etc in the boot.

This is my current setup:

PoleStay_02.jpg

I sometimes have one barrel in front footwell as well. Can get nine in if required, but live local to my work so can go home if need be to pick up more water. All trad gear is on back seat with hoses.

Since taking this picture I've modded my trolley thus:

conversion_06.jpg

...making it almost half the weight of the original. It can now be lifted in and out easily with one hand.

Back