Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Postal Address - Got An Invite For A Tender Out Of The Blue

Smurf

Do you lads put your full postal address on your website etc?

The reason why I'm asking as received out of the blue by post 5 large A5 envelopes all from the same management company that I have had no dealings with in the past inviting me to tender for 19 newish buildings (blocks of flats) communal area exterior window quarterly cleans.

Should I bother to put in a tender or not is the question as some numpty will probably do it for next to nothing just to get the work?

Also been thinking after counting up all the flats which happens to be 214 in total that's another 214 potential new private customers to be had.

What do you think now should I give it a shot?

What can you loose from putting in a tender, what have you got to gain if you got it?

Thats how I think /emoticons/smile.png

Just done a qick calc and my rough price it's only worth about £43.84 a week net £2280 a year so nothing to get that really exited about.

However gaining redular cleans on those flats aswell could push it upto nearly £30,000 net a year if everyone paid a tenner once a month. :rolleyes:

Can't see everyone wanting them done every month though but gives you an idea how my brain works..... /emoticons/biggrin.png

yer i have full address on mine!

go for it, nothing to loose but loads to gain!

it wouldnt be 214 private customers, as they will be paying for it within the rent of the flats or service charge.

Just done a qick calc and my rough price it's only worth about £43.84 a week net £2280 a year so nothing to get that really exited about.

However gaining redular cleans on those flats aswell could push it upto nearly £30,000 net a year if everyone paid a tenner once a month. :rolleyes:

Can't see everyone wanting them done every month though but gives you an idea how my brain works..... /emoticons/biggrin.png
how did you work that out???? what price are you quoting for it????

i got a block of 78 flats every 3 months and that works out at £400 for them!

The mangagement company only want the communal windows cleaned (not the flats) every quater so you can figure that one out yourself.

The mangagement company only want the communal windows cleaned (not the flats) every quater so you can figure that one out yourself.
oh right. still worth doing tho isnt it? been seen there and like you say you might get a few of the people there asking for a clean

I'm still unecided to be honest as don't like doing that kind of none profitable work for others when there is a better way to earning more dosh :rolleyes:

I'm still unecided to be honest as don't like doing that kind of none profitable work for others when there is a better way to earning more dosh :rolleyes:
money is money at the end of the day. 1000's of flats are ran by property managment people,

or if we go by that, then maybe i shouldnt go for the council window cleaning contract thats been est by them at £50,000 because im working for someone else not the buildings themselves!

Sounds like they got a bargain there,...how many windows per flat and at what height. Do you also do the communal area windows for that aswell?

Sounds like they got a bargain there,...how many windows per flat and at what height. Do you also do the communal area windows for that aswell?
only 5 windows per flat, 4 storey high, and not all windows are done due to the balconies, last clean took just over 4 hours

Not yet belfast,...Guessing about 30min to 1 hour per building depending on how many communal windows and doors there are, Got till the 30th to get the tender in but to be honest I can't be arsed....Maybe I will give em a call monday to have a chat and ask a few obvious questions first as they probably want to pay peanuts so will be wasting my time /emoticons/wink.png

Back