Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rust marks? How to?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ok so don't know what causes this, looks like rust and think it could be from some metal flashing above the window frame.

Before Davey shouts 'magic sponges and Ubik' the answer is no, neither of those work, nor does T-Cut.

Any ideas?

Just messing. I have a few that have been messed up by rust and I just wipe over and move on, always assumed it was there for good so if anyone comes up with anything I'll try it. Maybe try cola on it as I know that strips rust off metal.

mix baking soda with vinegar to make a paste,spread, and leave it on the rust for 15mins,then use a scourer.or try wd40!!!you try this at your own risk,:thumbsup:

Oxalic acid

Either bought in solution or as crystals and dilute yourself

Excellent rust and other stain remover

Ok so don't know what causes this, looks like rust and think it could be from some metal flashing above the window frame.

Before Davey shouts 'magic sponges and Ubik' the answer is no, neither of those work, nor does T-Cut.

Any ideas?
Are they aluminium or upvc?

Are they near an exhuast oultet from a gas or oil fed boiler?

I've seen similar before but not found anything to remove those stains, so I too would be interested for a solution.

I had it recommended to me for brown stained upvc roof frames by the guy who runs softwash uk support and is a very knowledgeable guy

Not tried it yet myself (i will be soon) but what he doesn't know isn't worth knowing

Back