Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another Satisfied Customer

Smurf

Cleared out badly blocked guttering then washed down outside of filthy gutters, fascia, sofitts & windows on this one today.

Before I got home customer had already left feedback via my website feedback form.

"Really pleased with the results of the gutter and fascia cleaning. ***** worked diligently despite the inclement weather. Will certainly use **************** again."

I also got a very nice £10 tip to boot. Mind you I did come home looking like a drowned rat /emoticons/biggrin.png

View attachment 2045

View attachment 2046

missed a bit on the second pic theres a bit of green just to the middle right lol was she related to stevie wonder lmfao just joking lol :lol: nice job

I thought so too after uploading the pics but are just two overflow pipes sticking out /emoticons/biggrin.png

missed a bit on the second pic theres a bit of green just to the middle right lol was she related to stevie wonder lmfao just joking lol :lol: nice job

Has been raining here all day today but when I got to that one it eased up a bit.

Not 10 mins into the job it hammered down again so rather than stopping I just cracked on.

I don't knock the rain as most of the pure water I use is harvested from rain water /emoticons/wink.png

Yep got to say the weather was not good...

i got lucky today, managed to get 3 new custys in i got off facebook a few days ago. finised at 12 then at 1230 it belted down till 5pm. least my water tanks filling up nicely for monday morning /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cheers Donny,

Gutter clearing at the front section was yet another hand job as gap was so narrow and full of sods so had to get my ladders off the van. The rest I managed to do with my guttervac.

All plastic & glass was then cleaned with hot pure and where needed I pre-sprayed with ubik /emoticons/wink.png

Good job Smurf /emoticons/smile.png

Nice one /emoticons/wink.png

i got lucky today, managed to get 3 new custys in i got off facebook a few days ago. finised at 12 then at 1230 it belted down till 5pm. least my water tanks filling up nicely for monday morning /emoticons/biggrin.png

Smurf, could you please advise me as to whether i need a special brush on my pole for cleaning gutters, fascias & soffits ?

I am only in 2nd week of wfp, and been struggling getting good results with just my window brush (unger lightweight) ( came as standard on facelift pole ) ( not sure its the best for either job ? )

Ended up cleaning plastics by hand old fashioned way

Also can you tell me if pre spraying with a solution ( ubik you mentioned ) do you need to do that by hand off a ladder ?

Any help would be appreciated lol Ade

"Really pleased with the results of the gutter and fascia cleaning. ***** worked diligently despite the inclement weather. Will certainly use **************** again."
LOL at starring out certain bits, you do know your website comes up with that if you search it.

Hi Ade, Most old filthy white gutters I've found will not come clean enough just using tap or pure water. Hence why many use a chem like tfr, virosol or ubik either pre-sprayed onto surface, applied by brush or if doing by hand a spray bottle a micro cloths etc. Bad tiger stripes and stubborn marks you will need to do by hand though.

To be honest any type of brush would do as I have used vikan soft & stiff, chepo car wash type brush but the brush I use mostly on gutter fascia and soffits is a gardiner stiff dt brush. It's lite and has a small enough head to angle the brush to get the bristles between the gaps of the gutter to be able to wash fascias better. Not so good for applying chems directly to the brush head though so I tend to still use an old car brush on a harris pole if required.

One of these doodlebug white pad holder http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/doodlebug-swivel-pad-holder.html & pads http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/doodlebug-replacement-white-abrasive-pad.html also comes in handy for scrubbing cladding and fascias using the reach around adaptor http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-reach-around-dual-tool-gooseneck-adaptor.html so can fit onto a waterfed pole or just use it on a harris pole (acme thread) instead.

Does it ? /emoticons/ohmy.png

Would be bloody good going if it did as that one has not been put on my website yet /emoticons/biggrin.png

LOL at starring out certain bits, you do know your website comes up with that if you search it.

Does it ? /emoticons/ohmy.png
Would be bloody good going if it did as that one has not been put on my website yet /emoticons/biggrin.png
Almost had ya /emoticons/wink.png

If it's not a trade secret, how did you clean the guttering over the extension on the front please?

I've been asked to do almost same layout. The only way I can think is putting ladder on neighbours side and leaning it back to the gable end.

I did not take a pic of the ladder system I used on the front of that one but here is an example pic of what I use to clear guttering by hand on awkward jobs like that.

View attachment 2361

Yes that is another option too if access is not an issue but from experience you would struggle especially if the corner roof gully and gable end section of guttering was badly blocked with sods as more often than not they are..

Example pic of badly block corner

Dosen't look much from the ground does it?

View attachment 2363

These pics shows was how bad it really was.

View attachment 2364

View attachment 2365

That’s another good reason apart from the safety side of using an ankalad (blue outriggers) and microlite stand-off that can rest on roof tiles on my set of my gutter clearing ladders to help overcome obstacles like that.

View attachment 2362

Hope this helps?

If it's not a trade secret, how did you clean the guttering over the extension on the front please?

I've been asked to do almost same layout. The only way I can think is putting ladder on neighbours side and leaning it back to the gable end.

Thank you that really helps.

I bought a microlite from the guy on Ebay £46 and I use a Hailo self levelling ladder.

So the ladder angle is ok if it's spanning the extension?

Thanks again.

Hi Ade, Most old filthy white gutters I've found will not come clean enough just using tap or pure water. Hence why many use a chem like tfr, virosol or ubik either pre-sprayed onto surface, applied by brush or if doing by hand a spray bottle a micro cloths etc. Bad tiger stripes and stubborn marks you will need to do by hand though.

To be honest any type of brush would do as I have used vikan soft & stiff, chepo car wash type brush but the brush I use mostly on gutter fascia and soffits is a gardiner stiff dt brush. It's lite and has a small enough head to angle the brush to get the bristles between the gaps of the gutter to be able to wash fascias better. Not so good for applying chems directly to the brush head though so I tend to still use an old car brush on a harris pole if required.

One of these doodlebug white pad holder http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/doodlebug-swivel-pad-holder.html & pads http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/doodlebug-replacement-white-abrasive-pad.html also comes in handy for scrubbing cladding and fascias using the reach around adaptor http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-reach-around-dual-tool-gooseneck-adaptor.html so can fit onto a waterfed pole or just use it on a harris pole (acme thread) instead.
Just got some goodies from cleaningspot.

Got the ubik in plus othe bits n bobs and plenty of gizmos in my cleaning store.

Interesting Smurf,will definitely look into getting them bits.

just got in going to test out the juice now.

Back