Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first customer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i would charge £10 to £12 depending on how bad the access is at the back, i hate getting mid-terrice jobs and not remember where the gate is at the back!! so i tend not to bother anymore if i can help it.

You should charge what you feel happy with.

Cleaning that house I want at least £10. The front of the house would only take me a few mins to clean and the back which will take longer because of the small windows frames.

If I was you I would say to the customer to have you windows sills and frames cleaned it be £12.

Some might think that a lot but you're from south east, i'm from sw london. I think south east prices should be similer to London imo

Tenner as 15 minutes work

12 if you have to waste time getting to the back

Get the neighbours and your laughing

Could get 40 squid an hour then

hi and welcome to the forum blueant27 yep around the eight pound mark...but it does vary country wide

and congrats on your first job...you always remember that first job...:balloondance:and I bet it gets a really good scrub..as you probs arent in a rush!

@boarcity likes to price low with the intension in getting the whole/most of the street;)

if youre doing nothing 8 is good money. even a fiver is better n nothing. id still go in at 8 now and thats with workers , but not 5 thatd be like taking 8 but then losing 3 quid on the driveway and my workers have found it but kept it ,which has happened , you get the drift

Do you still have to work with them so they don't try to screw you over?

if youre doing nothing 8 is good money. even a fiver is better n nothing. id still go in at 8 now and thats with workers , but not 5 thatd be like taking 8 but then losing 3 quid on the driveway and my workers have found it but kept it ,which has happened , you get the drift

Do you still have to work with them so they don't try to screw you over?
that was my fault,carelessness , i lost the money and didnt realize it and they picked it up not knowing whose it was . only later did i realize when i was counting up the takings and i then decided let it go .

on the round a tenners been found before near the van and customers have rang up with money found near back doors etc . each time im pretty sure it wasnt mine.

or hav i so much money iv lost count some is always stuck under my shoes

the secret millionaire scenario

people dont realise that window cleaning is one of the highest hourly paid jobs in the country, if you add your takings up as an hourly rate, time taken to clean houses added up all togeather .

who can cry at £15 -£ 30 per hour, on big jobs even more per hour.

you would never see that hourly rate advertised on any job unless working away from home.

this is why i do it.

if only they knew, they would be jealous and envious.

some people must think we still do it for beer money to get out.

Yet people always see us as the lowly window cleaner

Lets compare contents of our wallets then if we're the lowly skivvys

although....sometimes it all goes wrong...

never assume...

I had a job about a year ago defo before I started wfp;..and I got excited as its on a road I clean on..but...

he wanted the glass roof doing on the conny....:eek: well I used to do em with an extending pole and brush and rinse off with hose pipe...and as you all know your not going to get the best result off tap...and it was a lot of angles and i hadnt done many before ...and it takes ages..

He said no one would be in and the money would be left..and so this made cheapie happy....but his wife was in and whats more...in the bloomin big glassed roof conny....grrrrr

but she was really nice and I did get three cuppas...

but I was running out of time and it was raining and so I just thought feck it and ended up just tap water washing off the conny as well to save time...

and to top it all the wife kept saying...

oh hes very fussy about his windows...she wasnt that bothered.

anyway...I never heard again from him and thought he must have got someone else as he was so fussy about his windows and I had probably left the usual tap water mess....:rolleyes:

to be honest...I wasnt so keen to see that conny again...

anyway a few weeks ago I was delivering mags down there and thought should I shove my card in...I looked at the porch it looked quite clean so I assumed he had someone but I thought I dont care and shoved it in..

he phoned up yesterday...oh yes do you remember me...

and so I found myself back there today, I wasnt too happy as it sounded like he would be in....

but....I ASSUMED HE HAD HAD ANOTHER CLEANER CLEANING THEM..

and no he hadnt....and I had just priced it at the normal price...

so another cheapie mess up..SO NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING.

anyway the whole side and kitchen windows were hammered with barby grease...and I am not getting that off...

the porch has lead staining...and the bedroom has render run off staining...and most of the units are blown....

but to make matters worse....on the phone the day before he had asked me if I could do the inside of the large conny..in a moment of weakness I just said yes...but ...I am fully dressed for the freezing weather at the mo and didnt want to go inside...

so I went back to the car and took off all my layers and really peed off headed back to be watched whilst I cleaned the insides...but he was busy dealing with drain people and I he forgot...I got my money and yep..

I DID A RUNNER....

and on to the next one...no one ever in....cheapie happy again..

but he has learnt his lesson till the next time....

is that tuffers snoring...:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back