Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4/6/8

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cheers mate, tbh I've always got a lot of work on the go (Handyman, window cleaner, and gardener in the nice months) and I am only ever after quality customers. At the moment I'm fully booked about 3 weeks ahead not including my window round (1 weeks work PM), so I pick and choose, but when I first started I would take on any old $hit work. The type of customer that wants their windows done that infrequently (anything over 2 months) is not what I am after, and I can't be bothered organising my work around them considering how little money it is. Part of it is energy conservation a.k.a laziness, but really its down to economics. That said, I'm always happy to take on first cleans as I charge good money for them for not much more work.:thumbsup:
You do everything don't you /emoticons/wink.png This guy has a penny or two! Haha!

That's fair enough. In your situation, I can understand why having 2/3 monthly cleans would be a pain in the proverbial. Hell, I even avoid 3 monthly work and I do window cleaning full time!

You do everything don't you /emoticons/wink.png This guy has a penny or two! Haha!
That's fair enough. In your situation, I can understand why having 2/3 monthly cleans would be a pain in the proverbial. Hell, I even avoid 3 monthly work and I do window cleaning full time!
I wish I was minted, but most of my spare money has gone back into the business- you need a lot of tools when you offer a lot of services and I'm only just starting to see the rewards as I don't need to buy much these days. I've often thought about just focusing on one thing, but I tend to get bored very quickly, and when I'm bored my quality suffers- I need to keep on my toes. Another thing that diversifying is good for is the poxy weather in this country. With the weather being so **** today, I'm glad for the painting job I'm on at the moment. I might just go full time at the window cleaning one day, but I enjoy the other stuff too much and I've built a good customer base so I'd be gutted to see that go.

I wish I was minted, but most of my spare money has gone back into the business- you need a lot of tools when you offer a lot of services and I'm only just starting to see the rewards as I don't need to buy much these days. I've often thought about just focusing on one thing, but I tend to get bored very quickly, and when I'm bored my quality suffers- I need to keep on my toes. Another thing that diversifying is good for is the poxy weather in this country. With the weather being so **** today, I'm glad for the painting job I'm on at the moment. I might just go full time at the window cleaning one day, but I enjoy the other stuff too much and I've built a good customer base so I'd be gutted to see that go.
I have a friend by me who's like that - window cleaning alone drives him nuts and he's currently looking to employ someone so he can get more work or start a new venture.

It's never nice seeing one customer go let alone a base of them. Sounds like you've got it sorted to me!

I have a friend by me who's like that - window cleaning alone drives him nuts and he's currently looking to employ someone so he can get more work or start a new venture.
It's never nice seeing one customer go let alone a base of them. Sounds like you've got it sorted to me!
Its all a big learning curve mate. The early days with the handyman work were a nightmare. If you underquote a house with the windows you work a bit cheap, but you don't lose money. Where as if you quote badly with the handywork you can end up working a day for free, and being out of pocket on the materials. I soon learnt to look at a job and wonder how much time it'll take, however much I thought....I double it. On some jobs even getting the tools out of the van and getting set up can take an hour off your day.

Your mates on the right track though, if you want to make good money, then it pays to employ people. For every person you employ you are effectively skimming off the top. get enough of them and you don't even need to work yourself. :mm:

Hi my name is Wesley-D-Jones. 07565952557.

I have ran window cleaning rounds including, power washing gutters and driveways all over the UK and Ireland. Now a full time canvasser, building business, acquiring new work is what I do! /emoticons/smile.png

Please call for a chat if your interested in a trustworthy hard working reliable canvasser. Will get work guaranteed. Great prices to suit your location. NO WIN-NO FEE ;D

Kind Regards

Wesley. 07565952557

I have 4 weekly, 4-6 weekly, 8 weekly, 12 weekly. They get done when I get to them, good work gets done on time, I have 8 weekly that is now 3 weeks over, will get done next week, they always say to me " are you due already" so dont think they will be too bothered, Ive been telling all custys, that I may be later due to the winter, but assure them I will be back.
This sounds like I have written it.lol....You work the same way I do.

Hi my name is Wesley-D-Jones. 07565952557.
I have ran window cleaning rounds including, power washing gutters and driveways all over the UK and Ireland. Now a full time canvasser, building business, acquiring new work is what I do! /emoticons/smile.png

Please call for a chat if your interested in a trustworthy hard working reliable canvasser. Will get work guaranteed. Great prices to suit your location. NO WIN-NO FEE ;D

Kind Regards

Wesley. 07565952557

Do one Wesley.

I did 5 hours canvassing today with a few breaks and got almost 200 squid of work

I have good days and bad days but even the bad days mean some money in my pocket not yours wesley

Why would i pay you to do it for me

.lol

I did 5 hours canvassing today with a few breaks and got almost 200 squid of workI have good days and bad days but even the bad days mean some money in my pocket not yours wesley

Why would i pay you to do it for me

.lol
He sent me a private message and tried to find out where my work is situated!

Does anyone need a window cleaner. Im really good .

I can clean your windows for you guys.

Give me a call, heres my number.

Whats that, you can do it yourself?

Oh, ok bye.

:rof: :rofl:

Last edited:
A chap who works for me part time also works for another man on the windows, tells me -he gets canvassers to book the jobs for every three weeks-gets the odd moan and loses the odd one but I suppose it works out at another 40% extra per tear.That's at £6.50 per semi.(detatched house;-) )

Well I got my first customer and its 6 weeks, lol, I would prefer 4 weeks. Wow the perosn who started thread got £300 of work in two days, amazing!! How did you do it, I really need some tips. I been flyering for two days now and got 2 customers, booked for soon. I flyered 350 flyers and have 2500 in total. I will start door knocking soon also, once I have got a good batch otu of flyers this week.
I believe what you have managed to get is true to life.

Take with a pinch of salt all these fantastic claims. Some may well be true, but they are not the norm.

I have had some good days like the other day getting 200 quid of work in 1 day (took 5.5 hours of solid door knocking though)

Other days you can canvass all day and get nothing but doors shut in your face

I have a feeling people don't like to post those results..only the good ones

I have had some good days like the other day getting 200 quid of work in 1 day (took 5.5 hours of solid door knocking though)Other days you can canvass all day and get nothing but doors shut in your face

I have a feeling people don't like to post those results..only the good ones
Hi Dave,

Yes your right, people only put up stories where they fair well. I am finding it tuff, mind you I have only put out 500 flyers now. So what should I expect. This is just this week I started flyering, no facebook group pick ups and joined 52, nothing at all coming up. I dont no what sort of return I should be expecting yet. My flyers are good and am onlien all the time looking out for facebook and trying to push the web site. I need to go flyering harder each day next week solid and I am starting to door knock on Monday too. I just feel that door knocking people seem to hate doing it and does not get much, but then other people say it brings in a lot of work.

If I was to knock a 100 houses what is an averge customer pick up to that, I no it is not possible to have stats really that are solid but ther emuct be a ball park figure formed from people doing it. Seems to be a lot of windys about my way, but there must be some work available. Each windy can not have much more than say 400 custys, i worked otu as far as I know 6 windys in my area, so 2400 houses covered, here is miles more thna that so must be houses a there. Frustrating, but I am on it working hard flyering, the door knocking starts Monday, working my speach out now, any tips?

I feel reading everyones experiences and returns on here, that I am falling short. Not defeated, just going to pres even harder next week, this site gives me inspiration /emoticons/smile.png

What are the best forms of gainging new work for windys? Whats the top 4 ways? and in what order do you feel.

Scottie dont get down or beat yourself up, you will get the work, it will start off slowly then it starts to fall into place from recommendations, thats how all my work has come in lately.

i would say for me for every 100 flyers i posted i got maybe 3 jobs from them, i find being able to talk to people will get you work, from one customer of mine alone it has brought me three commercial jobs and 8 residential jobs from people she knows, it can take time but it will happen :thumbsup:

The main thing is to knock on doors mate

You may have a day where you get very little but you will also get days where you seem to get loads

Best tip is if you get a custy the houses near them are worth knocking

If i get a new job in a road i don't already do i knock all houses in that road

Back