Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY Websites

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I use a website template created by yola.com. I did this because it was a way of getting on the web with little cost and if you have a small budget starting out, paying an expert to build you a site can be costly.

I have not changed to a professional site as mine brings in a lot of work. If its not broken, etc etc

On my contact page I leave a note, sometimes saying that I am not taking clients, sometimes it says I am. On Saturday night I removed the 'I am not currently taking new clients' message.

Here is a list of the work it has produced since Sunday. All work has been quoted and agreed.

£160 Pressure Washing

£30 Domestic 6 week clean

£50 domestic 8 week clean

£150 Gutter/Fascia Clean

£250 Builders Clean

£20 Domestic 6 week clean

£40 Domestic 6 week clean

and another window cleaning enquiry worth about £30 (I know the property)

So DIY sites can work for you.

http://www.properjobcleans.co.uk/

It can be very simple and produce results. Take a look at mine. I am not looking for feedback but I'm sure some of you will provide some :eek: @Smurf be kind /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
SPC is right, we use 1and1.com for ours, 30 day free trial then £12 per month including domain registration. This is by far the easiest I have ever used and quick too, started generating work first week we had it up.

I have used godaddy ect in the past but they are always trying to sell more ****.

K I S S = Keep it simple stupid! As SPC says it works.

You are always asking how to get work without door knocking well here is a lead generator that cost £3 per week.

Mine is still not quite finished http://greenwindowcleaner.co.uk

Like your T&Cs, really need to do this on mine really but never been able to word it in a way I was happy with.

Ive used google sites, they charge me £2.50 per month. I built it from watching youtube and reading googles easy tutorials.
www.bluewatercleaning.co.uk
Looks really good, but something to look at is it takes ages to load, I thought it wasn't working to start with and you had put the wrong url, tried it several times and the same every time.

Looks really good, but something to look at is it takes ages to load, I thought it wasn't working to start with and you had put the wrong url, tried it several times and the same every time.
thanks for the feedback I appreciate it, I'll maybe ditch the slideshow for a picture

I use 1&1 as well, mine produces work, but not like SPC above! http://www.cotswoldspowerclean.co.uk/
Yes but you also need to promote it, I am telling you nothing you dont know, you have to get it up the rankings, a key thing on mine, and yes I always ask custies how they found me, is I am the first window cleaning web site in my area that mentions residential, all the others just seem to brag about big commercial jobs.

I get plenty cause I say 'residential' which is what a homeowner is looking for.

That's my tip of the day.

BlueWater, like the style of the site, but on the domestic cleaning, there is a girl in a pink hoody? WHY? She looks like a housewife with a hosepipe and brush. Lose this picture mate and re shoot it with her in a BLUE top, perhaps with company logo on back?

Not trying to insult the girl at all but web sites are all about portraying and image.

Good luck.

i like the lady grafter in pink, looks friendly . i insist my workers wear a hat or a cap or a hood up year round and cheap style clothing . its all about the image i agree,i want my lot to look approachable . www.jonnywindows.co.uk

BlueWater, like the style of the site, but on the domestic cleaning, there is a girl in a pink hoody? WHY? She looks like a housewife with a hosepipe and brush. Lose this picture mate and re shoot it with her in a BLUE top, perhaps with company logo on back?
Not trying to insult the girl at all but web sites are all about portraying and image.

Good luck.
Haha yep I understand what you are saying, appreciate the feedback. Thats my wife in the photo, although my colours are blue and grey she wants to wear pink! not great for professional image but I let her do it. Shes an amazing worker though fair play to her. I havent really taken many decent photos of us working so Ill have to get some good ones especially for the home page. One thing I need to work on is getting the website promoted, think people are only reaching me through yell at the mo

I did mine by watching you tube tutorials.

I use tso host for hosting just £5 per month and you can have 5 websites for this.

I then used wordpress to create my site

www.thompsonwindowcleaning.co.uk

It took about 5 month to rank in top 5 google for my city. There is still plenty of seo and design I could do but the guy who did my car valeting site Www.thompsonprovaleting.co.uk will do me any future sites for £100 so thats next on my list.

I do like the Valeting one Adam but can I just say, the consumer in would be very put off if I went to a web site and the first thing I see is 'How to pay'

Personally I think this should be somewhere at the bottom / back of the site after you shown all the wonderful services you offer.

JMO.

I use a website template created by yola.com. I did this because it was a way of getting on the web with little cost and if you have a small budget starting out, paying an expert to build you a site can be costly.
I have not changed to a professional site as mine brings in a lot of work. If its not broken, etc etc

On my contact page I leave a note, sometimes saying that I am not taking clients, sometimes it says I am. On Saturday night I removed the 'I am not currently taking new clients' message.

Here is a list of the work it has produced since Sunday. All work has been quoted and agreed.

£160 Pressure Washing

£30 Domestic 6 week clean

£50 domestic 8 week clean

£150 Gutter/Fascia Clean

£250 Builders Clean

£20 Domestic 6 week clean

£40 Domestic 6 week clean

and another window cleaning enquiry worth about £30 (I know the property)

So DIY sites can work for you.

http://www.properjobcleans.co.uk/

It can be very simple and produce results. Take a look at mine. I am not looking for feedback but I'm sure some of you will provide some :eek: @Smurf be kind /emoticons/biggrin.png
Looks like you built it yourself to be honest ....still if it's bringing in plenty of work well done :thumbsup:

I do like the Valeting one Adam but can I just say, the consumer in would be very put off if I went to a web site and the first thing I see is 'How to pay'
Personally I think this should be somewhere at the bottom / back of the site after you shown all the wonderful services you offer.

JMO.
I had one non paying customer saying they couldnt find the payments page as an excuse why they didnt pay, so i put it there in red lol.

Looks like you built it yourself to be honest ....still if it's bringing in plenty of work well done :thumbsup:
I don't mind that it looks like I built it myself, after all I am a professional window cleaner, not a web designer. I have aimed for a non flashy straight to the point approach targeting the larger country properties.

I like that I can go in and fiddle about, change text and photographs any time I choose. I know it brings in plenty of work in my area, mostly because no other window cleaners have a website (they really don't!). If they did I may be tempted to get it done professionally.

Latest Posts

Back