Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moving a tank connector?

Beccy

I'm building a new set up and hoping to use an old tank that I have. The only problem is that the hole is on the short side of the tank and I need it on the long side.

1. Is there a type of tank connector that allows me to just drill a hole exactly where I need it and for the connector?

2. Is there some sort of blanking cap that I can screw into the old hole that won't leak?

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png

Cant you just put a 90 degree fitting on @Beccy so it faces forward and run some pipe maybe along the side of the Tank ?. Might be better than drilling another hole and blanking off the old one.

Hi there, I have just done the exact same thing. If you want to blank of the existing you will need to get black iron or galvanised 3/4" nipple and a 3/4" blanking cap. I will post you some pics. You can get from builders merchants. I got mine from Tippers.

For a new fitting you can fit a 3/4" , 21.5mm plastic straight or 90 deg tank fitting. Basically has a rubber washer with back nut and back nut on front. Drill a hole in tank , reach in and fit. Being 3/4" you can screw a hozelock style fitting for filling etc.c

Sent from my Turbo_mini_F1 using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks guys. Jimmy, I don't think there's going to be space to do that as the tank is going to be quite a right squeeze in the space it's going in.

Hi Beccy

You could use a blanking plug

Brass Blanking Plug Flange Plug BSP Parallel (BF)

Then something like this

13mm Barbed to 1/2" Thread Connector - Tank Connector Bulkhead Pipe Fitting

Drill the hole into the tank as low as possible without damaging the base with a hole saw cutter

Pro Hole Saw Tooth HSS Steel Holesaw Drill Bit Cutter Tool for Metal Wood Alloy

You may have to cut the hole from both sides if the depth of the cutter is shallow. They are really meant for cutting holes in wood where its easy to break the center out and carry on.

You could also try one of these step drill bits although I have no experience with using one.

Three Size HSS Steel Step Cone Titanium Drill Bits Tool Hole Cutter 4-12/20/32mm

We found a spade bit wasn't good enough as it didn't leave a nice round hole - it ended up slightly oval.

6Pcs Spade Flat Wood Bit Set 10-25MM Hex Shank Drill Bits ZeYang F -1400 In UK

Back