Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You Scratch my window ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adam curtis

Hi had a phone call tonight when I got home saying I've scratch a pain of glass on the patio doors she's only just had the glass replaced got to go tomoz and have a look any one else ever had this

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I hate those kind of calls, especially when you know that the likelihood of it being your fault is extremely low. Convincing them it couldn't have been you when they have you pegged as guilty before you even get there can be a real challenge.

Unless you hit the glass with the stock of the brush which could have grit on it from coming in contact with brickwork, it's highly unlikely to have been you. It's more likely to have been there when it was fitted and it's just now caught her eye. This is actually quite common in my experience. I feel for you buddy.

I had this call the other day, the customer was really going at me saying I must of put my brush on the floor or had a stone in it. I went to the property 'got my public liability insurance with me' went to hand it to her and said "all my brushes are insurance proved and can not scratch glass, also it's impossible for a stone to get caught in my brush as its insurance approved" lucky she didn't take my insurance out of my hand and read it. But saying that actually worked she replied saying "it must of been the gardener then" which made me think she just wants to claim from anyone and yes it may well of been a gardener...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Could be that the glass was installed recently and was dirty from the install. You clean the dirt off revealing the scratch.

Who really knows how it was caused? Just say it wasn't me.

Areange to meet the customer at said property. Show her how you cleaned it and then ask how she thinks you scratched it?

Installers always blame the windy.

Last year I had a new clean on a new build. Got a call from the customer saying the scratches in his windows were caused by the WFP brush according to the builder.

I explained tgat the builder was obviously talking tosh and the proof of this was that due my van being off the road for a service I hadn't yet done his windows

Our next door neighbour had a new conservatory fitted 6 years ago. The fitters broke one of the glass panels and had to order another. The replacement had a scratch on it before I even got there it clean it.

In my case I pointed it out to her before I cleaned the window. It is (still there) a straight vertical scratch so would indicate even more so that it was done during manufacture.

If you doubt that you are responsible then tell them that. Its up to them to prove you did it. Show them your brush and ask them to explain to you how they see you have done it. Why haven't we scratched more glass if its so easy?

Even if you replace the glass on a goodwill basis you have lost a customer. I would ask why I would waste money doing so.

Back