Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Matrikx CTO Filter (DAQUA)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Delabrum

Hi guys.

I have been using the Fibredyne CFB-Plus 10 as my carbon block filter for a couple of years now. I always purchase from DAQUA. I’ve just been scrolling the site as I need to buy some more and I’ve noticed they’re also selling the Matrikx CTO coconut shell carbon block. It seems to be a very similar spec to the CFB (5 micron, same dimensions) but its capacity is a little bigger (45,000 litres v 37,800 litres). It’s significantly cheaper for a box than the CFB-Plus; less than half the price.

Am I missing something? Are these not suitable for window cleaning purposes for some reason? It doesn’t look like the Matrikx has combined sediment filtration like the CFB-Plus does, but I always use a paper sediment block before my carbon block anyway.

Here’s the link -

Cheers.

Last edited:
? will call tomorrow when they’re open. I’ve found the spec and the only difference I can see is that the pressure loss with the coconut shell filter is 1 PSI higher than the Pentair. Can’t imagine that’ll make a noticeable difference to water production?

Fine Filters are advertising them as 1 micron, not 5 as Doug is advertising. Probably a different filter part number.

They are advertising the service life of 134,000 litres @3.8lpm.

Spring Clear is also advertising them, but they give no info, although the same part number as Fine Filters.

Personally, I will go with Doug as he will back his product..

Last edited:
? will call tomorrow when they’re open. I’ve found the spec and the only difference I can see is that the pressure loss with the coconut shell filter is 1 PSI higher than the Pentair. Can’t imagine that’ll make a noticeable difference to water production?
Did you get more clarification from @doug atkinson

Yes, Doug said they’re fine for window cleaning. Good to know because they’re cheaper than the Pentair and have a higher capacity.
Thanks, this is really good to know, I did look at them before placing an order a few weeks ago but just stuck with what I know, I'll be ordering some of these on my next order

Latest Posts

Back