Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shopping Centers Prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Donal

Hi,

I have being asked to quote for a nationwide group of stores. Most of their shops are in shopping centers. I have never cleaned a window in a shopping center (in 12 years working)

The average size of these stores are two large windows and a door. (some larger, some smaller) They want them done inside and outside.

For any guys who have worked in SC, on average how long does it take to clean these average size windows. I know I will need a step ladder and these particular windows are normally clean enough, so more freshening up than anything.

Thanks

prices will usually be pennies if its a national chain... you will usually have to complete the cleaning outside of the shopping centres opening times, if they will cooperate with you.

The ones I do take any were from 5-15mins.

All work I have done in shopping centres has to be done by 9am at the latest and they don't like you using ladders.

Some centres make you apply for a permit to work there.

To be honest they can be a pain I had one that use to be a right pain to get in to and the moaned to death if I wasn't gone by 8.30.

Thanks lads for replies. I honestly do not know if I want them or not, but I want to quote in case they break up the round, A day a week doing them would suit me nicely. (at the moment with the number of shops they have it would be full time with me employing another window cleaner, and I do not think I want to go down this road)

There is grills on their shops, so can not be done before opening time.

If SC do not allow step ladders, how do you dry the high glass?

So Cghwindowcleaning, for inside outside it could take 30 minutes, plus parking, plus driving to next unit, so I would be safe quoting for an hours work per shop?

Thanks for advice lads

It all depends on each job I clean two in a shopping center takes me no more than 7 mins for both jobs(outs only)

Once a month they have insides and all the mirrors cleaned takes around 20mins but each job in different the one next door is 4x as big so I wouldn't quote them blind.

Years. Ago I use to clean a few Thomson holiday shops they were all the same price,they had 2 in Stevenage one took 5 mins one was 8x the size and should have been a lot more but someone priced it with out looking.

Depending on the centre as well the parking can be tricky as most shopping centres have multi storey car parks and you won't get some commercial vehicles in there due to height restrictions.

If you are planning to do them all in a day it won't happen as they won't let you clean windows in there when there open this is down to health and safety and water on tilled floors,buckets in way etc.

we used to do a couple of iceland frozen food stores, they could be done externally whenever but internals had to be completed by no later than 8:30am and you were required to dry up all tiling and place their wet floor sign down for opening.

We start work at 7am some days so made no difference. We were getting £20 for 5 minutes work

I'd like to get back into it, although i find it hard to get into chains/commercial without going in at a stupidly low price

Hi mate, took me about 2 minuten to do 5 large windows at a stopping centr im doing at the moment. Got 8 shops next to eachother, all 7 pounds. Doing them weekly outside and monthly inside ( additional 7 pounds insides) after about half an hour I usually have them all finished and pocket 56 pounds.

Shopping centre windows are my personal favourite, easy to clean and use a pole with my squeegee on it, requires skill to not make a mess of it

I find that you need to have two or three shops together within walking distance an do at the same time... as your average £5-£8 a shop unless its a "big" one. Inside shop windows try to stay away from because they are pain, stuff in the way always, stuff on the windows and signs etc in the way alot - plus shop closed if early. If its just outside shop its 5-15min job and simple. Don't use a ladder if you can help it, use a extender pole.

But if you only got one shop, by the time you park, walk to shop you wasted 10-15mins so you would be making very little, but get enough shops and its good money.

are you subbing the job ? if so watch out if its thru Approved as they messed me about really slow payers many months late. if its thru ARL i found them to be okay

i do shop fronts on thursday works well for me quick and got lot together

its mainly trad work as the guys say pole work with wagtail gd work nice change from doing residentials

Back