Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump advice, what booster pump?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor peacock

Me again!!

my water pressure is 55psi, I'm getting a 450gpd ro system can anyone tell me what booster pump to get and where from.

Also. I assume I need a submersible pump to transfer the water from my tank to van, again, what should I get and where from.

There's a lot of pumps out there and the prices vary enormously, don't forget I'm only a poor window cleaner!

The place your RO is from - Colin's? - sell one. Anything similar to that. You could also use it as a transfer pump - which is what I currently do - but you would have to have the connections sorted which can become a pain in the ****. A few guys on here just use a standard 240v submersible pump that drops in and stays in, you can prob pick one up for a tenner off eBay. As with most things you get what you pay for. I brought a cheap flojet pump off eBay as a transfer pump £30 does the job but wish I had invested in a decent rate one

Thanks, I've just seen Collins one, that should be ok.

When you say " a decent rate one " what do you mean?

I've looked on ebay and there's loads around £25 - £30 that sound good, What should I be looking out for?

Andys is a good suggestion if you wanted separate pumps, I seem to be waiting around for my water to transfer. Luckily I have an auto shut off so I should just relax and let it do its job. I went cheap and cheerful for my set up to get me going - I was trying to use my trolley to transfer rainwater from my IBC to my van tank. Low rate means low flow so if your in a rush..... Well you get the gist!

Thanks Macca,

At last a booster pump that runs continuously!!!

Is this the only one on the market?

I can't believe there aren't more available, surely this is what everyone needs if you've got a large static tank or am I missing something?

You can even get a cut out pressure switch that connects to the clean water pipe so when the tank is full and the float valve turns the water off the back pressure turns off the pump off too.

Latest Posts

Back