Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

"why"

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shiny

A few "why is it/why do questions following today's observations:

Why do dog owners out walking their pooch stop and let it p!ss up your "trip hazard sign ?

Why do customers with a oversized conny fitted into a already small garden suddenly decide to stick a great big ornermental pot right in the very spot where you need to stand in order to reach a already arkward upper window ?

Why is it customers wait until your at full reach with your pole, leaning at an angle to get that arkward window come out the house were you've been for the last 20 mins and say "can I pay you now" ?

Why do kids think it's funny to keep shouting" hey mister you've missed a bit, mister you've missed a bit, hey deaf git you've missed a bit"

Why do council houses seem to get splattered with bird sh!t more than other properties?

Why is it on certain streets doesnt matter what day you go or what time of day, you get the knobby neighbour see's you settling yea gear up and then out he comes with his ladder and bucket and starts to clean his own windows ( looking across at you with that look of ah window cleaners who needs em) ?

Why do customers leave the back gate locked when you text the night before and they replied "ok I 'll leave the gate open ?

If you have any answers to the above or have you own "why is it/why do questions to add then feel free to reply...!!!

Why ppl act so thick to do all of the above....I'm guess because they have a sense of humour and want to **** off a window cleaner /emoticons/biggrin.png

Why ppl act so thick to do all of the above....I'm guess because they have a sense of humour and want to **** off a window cleaner /emoticons/biggrin.png
Well they succeed today:finger:

Why when the gardener cuts the grass is it the window cleaners job to wipe it off the frames.

Why when a painter paints a wall or frame is it the windies job to scrap the paint off.

Why can't they clean up there own f???ing mess.

Why is it when joe numpty plays with his diy pressure washer he get **** all over his windows

Why is it when joe numpty uses a electric fence spray the same thing happen

Why is it when joe numpty says I don't need you anymore as I've bought a karcher window vac you are delighted :laugh:

Why do people submit a website enquiry with no address, no phone number and ask how much for a 3 bed semi?

Why do people submit a website enquiry with a phone number, but it always goes to answer machine?

Why do people bother at all with website enquiries?

Just pick up the fookin phone and ring me if you are serious about wanting work done!

Why does an adhoc customer ask you to do a job and you agree a day and you go do the Job. Chap customer for the money and they say I haven't been to the bank yet can you come back I wont be here untill Friday 4 days away. Would a joiner, plumber electrician except this no then why should a window cleaner have to especially when a specific date was arranged.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Why do you have a decent day at work, only to get back to your van to discover a bloody puncture :mad: ! That ended up costing today :gush::gush:

Why do you have a decent day at work, only to get back to your van to discover a bloody puncture :mad: ! That ended up costing today :gush::gush:
That is a real sh!ter mate, I suppose if it's any consolation you got a days work in , it could have happened at the the start of the day so time wasted before you've taken any money...but there's never a good time with things like that

To true, it still sucks though £80 for a new tyre :eek: as they could not repair it due to where the nail was, so to make myself feel better last night i dropped two customers that were a pain in the A ! :rofl:

and when you are planning next day........hi window cleaning tomorrow gate please,'oh can you leave it till the spring'

and shes not the first.....

a top top post shiny really started my day with a laugh....

of course nobody wants to say why did my wfp pipework just catch that corner flagstone yesterday leaving me six inches too short of a window....

but it did provide me with a nice bulb to plant in my garden...

yep not looking good weather wise here either .....the forecast looks bad till two....and then yesterday it was dark at four....

i always wanted to have a website called why.com.....for people to post all those why questions we all have....

one i still cant fathom ...maybe some one can...is why is someone allowed to ring me .:eek:...and not leave a bloomin number...thats against my human rights surely....if you ring me leave your bloody number...so i can ring you back and annoy you at tea time...

i will have to ponder on this post a bit as i am sure there are plenty of whys in the window cleaning game....

oh here we go....coffee cutting in....why ...why i say why...the feck do people get me to clean their windows when the insides havent been touched in decades....?

oh sugar .....just looked at my own.....:eek:

oh and its persisting down here so morning off as im local ...
Aye it's peeing it down here as well, forecast does not look good for today so looking like a day off for me too ...

well after friday and sleeping most of the day in the car....i think i will go back to what i usually do....during the week is work time ....weekend is no movement time so..

.the daughters central heating radiator sprang a leak and so its time to turn into super plumber...as if....or bodge it and codge it plumber....well i will make a start on it...

one of my ways of looking at it is if i cant windy clean i can do all the other jobs without paying someone else a fortune to come and do them although....i am not sure the wife will notice the £150 i probably will save by changing the radiator myself...there may be some swearing involved:swear:...first of all...where the hell did i put my two wrenches i had just last week...so thats the morning gone looking for them...

it looks to me like the sun may come out at two so i may nip out yet later and knock a few off my list...my...overdue list..::):

Gas, water & electrics I stay clear of and get the wife to do the rest /emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh we are all puzzled as to what my wife actually does.....apart from walk the dogs...but as long as i get my weekend tuffering and fry ups i wont moan....

i sadly bought a vax steam mop......hmmm bet i am the only one to use that....:rolleyes:

well after friday and sleeping most of the day in the car....i think i will go back to what i usually do....during the week is work time ....weekend is no movement time so..
.the daughters central heating radiator sprang a leak and so its time to turn into super plumber...as if....or bodge it and codge it plumber....well i will make a start on it...

one of my ways of looking at it is if i cant windy clean i can do all the other jobs without paying someone else a fortune to come and do them although....i am not sure the wife will notice the £150 i probably will save by changing the radiator myself...there may be some swearing involved:swear:...first of all...where the hell did i put my two wrenches i had just last week...so thats the morning gone looking for them...

it looks to me like the sun may come out at two so i may nip out yet later and knock a few off my list...my...overdue list..::):
exactly what I do I do as much as I can at home car repairs house diy etc that way I don't have to shell out and it keeps earnings down to pay less tax on .......coz I know its gonna rain and you need a plan b ,,,,,this morning is now

laundry and housework whilst waiting to get out! keeps the weekends free as well

exactly what I do I do as much as I can at home car repairs house diy etc that way I don't have to shell out and it keeps earnings down to pay less tax on .......coz I know its gonna rain and you need a plan b ,,,,,this morning is nowlaundry and housework whilst waiting to get out! keeps the weekends free as well

yep all work is work and of course...its tax free..:thumbsup:

i was thinking what i do when i get home.....in a fantasy world ..wife at work ...i would just collapse on my lazy boy settee...

in real life a million and one jobs brings it around to 6.10pm and just as i sit down i have to get up and go and cook the tea...

bring my containers/trolley in fill up....not forgetting to set the timer...bring my wet sill cloths in my microfibres to wash...mend this ...mend that....etc..

okay i dont have to bring the washing in much now as its not worth putting it out but then i have to do an invoice....water some plants...draw the curtains ...switch the lights on....read the post ....hide the bills.....get my phone or something out of the car that i have always forgotten...charge this charge that ...plug my laptop in for the hour it takes to settle down...take my contacts out...get changed from my work clothes to my home trampy clothes...look at all the jobs that need doing and decide i will put them on the list....

then i hit my chair eat my one pack of walkers sunbites sweet chilli crisps and fall asleep trying to watch some tv....getting woke up by my cooker minute minder or my phone telling me my water is ready to change and its time for cooking the tea..

oh what a busy life i have...

last night i decided to change the alarm locking key fob on my car which keeps stopping working....yep told you everything keeps breaking.....i have three sealed batteries somewhere ...may 15 dated...somewhere...i havent a clue where....

so i tried all the old batteries lying in the drawer...all naff...so why keep them?...dont know.....in the end i took a tyre pressure checker to pieces to get one button battery to fit...an hour of my life i wont get back..

why was i so determined to get my fob working.....well although i can use the key in order to stop the alarm going of on the car you have to put the key in the ignition each time....and yesterday i walked around the car to get my pure out and forgot to unlock the other doors so had to keep walking around to open them from inside...and the boot too...sent me mad....off to order some more batteries quick...

yeh i miss the waffling too...../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back