Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on paving slabs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bernard

Again, I've only very little experience and doing another job for a friend. I've never cleaned these types of slabs before, they look like they have a textured surface.

I have a few questions.

1. If necessary is hypo safe for use on these slabs?

2. Are any detergents/cleaners recommended?

3. Would the turbo nozzle be safe or would I be better using one of the more angled tips?

They asked if I would repair the joints. I haven't made my mind up about that yet. Large areas of the joints look fine. If I were to do it, would I have to remove it all? Or would patching it up be possible/sufficient?

View attachment 7410

View attachment 7409

As these are so dirty, I would be using a washer rather than hypochlorite. I always use the most gentle nozzle possible. So, try a 15 degree, if it doesn't work, use a turbo. A FSC would work on the main bit.

As far as cleaning goes I would just turbo nozzle it and supplement with hypo if required.

There is a lot more to re-pointing than most people think. I personally don't do it because I want to go back to the same customer year after year and re-clean the patios etc. I know someone who is a bricky by trade so I send the customers that need re-pointing to him and I let him know that I will be pressure washing it next year so if it comes out he will need to fix it.

From what I have seen trying to patch up the pointing never really works. You have to remember as soon as there is a crack its game over for the pointing. Water gets in and you have a frost and the pointing will start to fall apart.

Back