Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some Clients Are Crackers.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dth

Did a window clean today for a couple in Allwoodley, leeds with the pole wash, i spent 45 mins first clean scrubbing all the frames and sills up making them look nice, then the cheeky ***** moaned cos i couldnt get the stains off and refused to pay me.

Does any body know a hit man.

Go back and get your money mate! Tell them you want paying at least for the clean glass.

Don`t know if you told them you were going to remove staining? But you at least want paying for what you did do, don`t let people mess you about.

I personally wouldn`t have moved till a compromise was made on the deal.

So you found out today pure water alone with not get black grimy upvc window frames clean.

Welcome to "I clean the frames too" club

The only way to clean plastic filthy black or discoloured frames properly is to scrub with a chem then if that doesn't get them clean a hand job up a ladder is required using a upvc restorer or solvent cleaner.

You should be upfront with the customers next time now you know so that if required to use chems will be classed as a upvc restoration job and you will charge extra for a deep clean.

Don't worry as I learnt the hard way too when changing over to wfp /emoticons/wink.png

Go back and get your money mate! Tell them you want paying at least for the clean glass.
Don`t know if you told them you were going to remove staining? But you at least want paying for what you did do, don`t let people mess you about.

I personally wouldn`t have moved till a compromise was made on the deal.
She was such a lunatic i could not be bothered to argue.

Do you carry any chems about?

If not then would recommend you try ubik 2000 or vior-sol. Spray on old brush and scrub the frames first. Let dwell for a while then rinse off very well with pure. Don’t let the chem dry on the glass though.

If that doesn't remove all the grime then repeat the process.

Then after with a clean brush wash & rinse the glass as you would normally do

If that doesn’t get the frames clean enough for you then you have no alternative but to use a ladder to do the frames & cills by hand.

Buy also some cream cleaner & solvent would be handy to have also some none scratch white pot scrubber that you can get at most superstores. Black streeks on white plastic are known in the trade as tiger stripes and are near on impossible to remove unless you use a cream cleaner or solvent cleaner but the other chems I have recommended with remove most staines and grime.

Hope this helps?

She was such a lunatic i could not be bothered to argue.
Well at least I would post an invoice, with a letter asking for payment for work done, might not get a reply but better to try than be taken for a ride..
worth a go mate...

Push comes to shove,ask nicely for the money for work you done,never had this happen myself except when someone had moved.got money in end always do but if she don't pay,spray her windows with dirty water in a spray bottle .

when she's not in though,more than one way to skin a cat.

I carry cream cleaner, Pvcu solvent, brite glass/plastic cleaner, virosol and now some Ubik 2000 ( suggested by educated forum member) oh and some washing up liquid. That's what I carry around.

Push comes to shove,ask nicely for the money for work you done,never had this happen myself except when someone had moved.got money in end always do but if she don't pay,spray her windows with dirty water in a spray bottle .when she's not in though,more than one way to skin a cat.
Not advisable I`d say even though it`d make him feel better, could get done for trespass and criminal damage.. Not that i`m 100% on the law.Even if their not in a neighbor could soon report you.

I do a farm with free range chicken but get paid in cash and have to pay for eggs if I want any /emoticons/sad.png

Guess like me the farmer is a tight **** /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yesterday, just finished a regular customer, who before was wfp tops trad bottoms, but I wfp the lot this time.. Knocked the door and wee old woman said have you finished? The windows are still all wet.. Paid anyway..

Drove around the corner to do another.. Get trolley and pole out.. Guy comes out and says just forget about it mate, you haven't been in weeks.. If I had of cared I would have explained that has he not realised the bloomin weather the past month and the £1000s Iv lost so his £4 don't mean jack to me.. And that I don't start crying when they have no money when I call!!!! But I just said not a problem.. Wasn't bothered as I want to give that street up anyway!

I occasionally get banty eggs, not as payment, when their laying more than the owners can eat.. Best eggs ever....
I get home made jam and chutney from one client... /emoticons/smile.png tasty

Back