Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Complete Water Fed Pole Kit Question.

brianbadonde

Hi gents; I am new to window cleaning. I have been doing it traditionally for a couple of months now and have a small band of customers (I fit it in around my full-time job). However, there are so many properties with windows above conservatories, windows on sloped roofs, windows above pitched roofs, 3rd floor windows etc that are just too difficult to reach by traditional methods. I want to expand my round so that eventually I can do it full-time. So in order to widen my scope of potential customers I want to buy a complete WFP kit. My question is what length pole am I going to need? Will a 35ft pole be enough for what I have stated? I have been looking at a company called Pure Freedom which Im sure you guys have probably heard of. They seem like a reputable company, would people here recommend them? If not, then who would they recommend? I am based in Andover Hampshire. Is there anywhere in the general vicinity where I can visit to look at equipment and buy as opposed to buying on-line? A lot of questions I know! Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies :)

you can build your own it will save you £0000`s 22ft pole should do 95% of your work , the cheapest way is to start is use a back pack and a di vessel there is loads of videos on you tube to help and there is loads of people who will help as well .See if there is anybody close to you who could show you the ropes ,

Buy the best you can. Forget the poles supplied by PureFreedom. Go for a Gardiner SLX carbon pole or a Facelift Phoenix carbon fibre pole. I would have thought a 25' would do, but you can get a second base section and turn the Gardiner SLX into a 30' pole for those odd occasions.

My son has an SLX 25 and he only has 1 customer that his 25' pole won't reach. It’s the 2nd story window on an old Victorian house which is above a 1st floor bay

Ok thanks chaps. I didn't realise you could make your own, I will look in to this. And I will also look in to Gardiner. Thanks again guys.

Back