Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First clean tips

J

jetwash

I have picked up a job at a children's home for the external Window cleaning. I am looking for some tips on the best way to remove fingerprints, egg stains and other stubborn stains there is also two new Windows with sticky pads that need cleaning any tips and advice would be much appreciated

get your self a new sSwear word!per with a new blade and also some cif just in case, if stains wont come off with blade use cif

u didn't say if trad or wfp, and if ground floor only or upstairs too.

can't beat getting up close with a sSwear word!er, but recently I tend to shy away from using blades, and use white spirit on glue residue, followed by good scrub with soap, leave to soak (not dry)then lots of rinsing. the soap helps to loosen dirt better, along with pure water (I find).

oh, and making sure you've quoted enough, if they are real bad could take a while! good luck!

u didn't say if trad or wfp, and if ground floor only or upstairs too.

can't beat getting up close with a sSwear word!er, but recently I tend to shy away from using blades, and use white spirit on glue residue, followed by good scrub with soap, leave to soak (not dry)then lots of rinsing. the soap helps to loosen dirt better, along with pure water (I find).

oh, and making sure you've quoted enough, if they are real bad could take a while! good luck!
sorry forgot to mention the cleaning is going to be wfp I think I may have to do some trade if it's going to be an ongoing problem with the kiddies

If im doing a 1st clean, and it is going to be a regular (monthly) customer i just charge the 'standard' price. If i was doing a one off clean (which i dont really do any more, too much hassle!), then i would quote a price based on the time i think it will take to do. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time, and do them thoroughly, as this will make subsequent cleans easier. Pay particular attention to the frames, especially the tops, give the vents a good going over, but remember you will have to go over them at least twice. If the vents are particularly bad, explain to the customer that there may be a run or two afterwards, but after 2 or 3 subsequent cleans, they will be gone.

Back