Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

this is what im thinking of buying

WCF

Help Support WCF:

first off, you know thats an american website

second build your own, its easier and cheaper
As Bluemonkeys says, secondly, there is no RO system with that package- have you taken a water TDS reading to find out if you have hard or soft water?

Can't see how you can just buy a package without knowing if you have soft/hard water?

The website is austalian, the world map at the top of the page has australia highlighted, which is a clue, also, where it says, 'prices quoted in australian dollars' is another!.

We here in the uk, dont really know what the water is like down under, maybe they dont have hard water?. But it is certainly something to think about Taylor, we have easy access to information showing where in the uk has soft water and where has hard water. Also, we use tds meters to get the exact reading. It is difficult for us to say whether or not this is a good system at a good price because we dont know what is 'the norm' for you. But maybe you could get in touch with a local window cleaner?.

I imagine the shipping cost would be interesting! I know the water around Sydney is pretty soft and it is quite feasible to get away with DI only (much like North Wales/Highlands over here)

Im pretty sure my water is around 50tds, I have ner told Melbourne is around 30tds and im only an hour away
That is pretty soft Taylor, you are lucky, some of the guys on this forum have 400+!. At 50 you should easy manage with your r/o, but i would set up a static system if in your position, in a shed or garage. If you are not able to do that, then i would be inclined to use di for purification. The water i use is about 60ppm, and i am di only, but that is because i am not in a position to have a static setup. I have a 500l system (diy) in my van, and usually i use 350-400l per day. A 25l bag of resin does me just over 3 months.

Im pretty sure my water is around 50tds, I have ner told Melbourne is around 30tds and im only an hour away
That is pretty soft Taylor, you are lucky, some of the guys on this forum have 400+!. At 50 you should easy manage with your r/o, but i would set up a static system if in your position, in a shed or garage. If you are not able to do that, then i would be inclined to use di for purification. The water i use is about 60ppm, and i am di only, but that is because i am not in a position to have a static setup. I have a 500l system (diy) in my van, and usually i use 350-400l per day. A 25l bag of resin does me just over 3 months.

[/

]

Whats a static system?

I take it you are familiar with the basics of the 2 systems used for water purification, r/o and di?. With r/o the water is filtered on the way into a tank, which takes time, maybe 6-8 hours for 500 litres, depending on your r/o system. So if you are not in a position to leave your van hooked up to a water supply over***ht, it is not very practical. But if you have a shed or garage (this is a 'static system', because it doesnt move), you can put an r/o system and a tank in there to produce your pure water, then use a transfer pump to put the water in your van. In my situation, i dont have a driveway, and i dont have a garden i can put a shed or garage on, so di is my only option. With di, the water is usually purified on the way out of the tank, so it is very practical and easy to use, but, if your water is hard, using di only to purify water would be costly. Not sure how much it costs down under, but in the uk, it is about £80 for a 25l bag. As i mentioned, the water i use comes out of the tap at about 60ppm so i can get away with di only, but di only is only really viable up to about 100ppm, more than that and it would simply cost to much!.

Back