Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ever had to buy new wheels for your trolley?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Well, my tyres are perished. So I have a look at The Cleaning Warehouse site, where I bought it from and they were something like £12 each. Stuff that for a game of soldiers I thought. So off to eBay I go. I find 2 x for £13.85 delivered, same size and looked the same wheel too. They came in the week, but I thought I'd fit them today. I prise the end cap off the axle and what do I find? The axle diameter on the new wheels is smaller than the original. Grrrr. How the **** do I get round this I think. I know, I'll swap the new tyre and inner tube and fit on the old wheel. After much grunting and groaning (no it wasn't Sunday morning Tuffering :rolleyes:) I managed to get the old tyre and inner tube off the old wheel. Then after much grunting and groaning I managed to get the new inner tube and tyre on the old wheel (are you still following me). I pump the tyre up and bash the end cap on the axle. What should have taken 10 minutes to do took 2 hours. I'm going to leave the other wheel until I'm bored I think.

Tuffers top tip: when buying new wheels for your trolley, check the axle size :thumbsup:

Can you drill the new hub (if its plastic) to suit your trolley axle?
Thought of that but the wheels have a spoked effect that meets the hole and I thought if I took a big drill bit to the axle hole it would chew it all up and I'd be left with a knackered wheel.

I don't really do diy as that is the sort of cockup I would make too./emoticons/biggrin.png

Reminds me of a kids song "The wheels on the trolley go round and round all day long" but in your case they don't :laugh:

Back