Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My 2Ft Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mart1001

Ah11.jpg

A first clean I did today. I began pole-ing the top right window but was struggling as

what you can't see in the picture is, there's a bush that limits the angle for my 17ft pole

to the top right window. Ladders are out of the question......or are they ?

Ah2.jpg

Where there's a will, there's a two foot Unger pole fitted with a

wagtail.

Ah3.jpg

Wagtail on a stick.

I felt safe as houses on the ladder and really enjoyed getting this

window like this.

The owner had told me that the last WC used wfp but never cleaned

the sill to this window probably as a result of the bad angle caused

by the bush. The sill was filthy and covered in moss.

Ah4.jpg

....not anymore.

Ah5.jpg

...and detailing was a breeze too.

That pole cost me about 6 quid a few months back, I use it for those out of reach bottom tops(if you know what I mean), for shop windows and now, for awkward over a sloping roof type tops /emoticons/smile.png

Mart.

looking at your pics mart canny believe you got up to the window with your ladders

did you need your pole, looks like your not that far of the window matey

Nothing to do with a bad angle, just a lazy wfp guy. Any decent wfp guy would have the right gear to do it fine. I still manage to clean them in the ally way between 2 houses that's only 3ft gap from wall to wall,

All about having the right tools for the job!

yes mart checked your pics again your not as close as i thought
Yea, a camera always distorts things. Don't get me wrong, I can touch the glass directly infront of me but, not the glass of the neighbouring or top pane. Not without going a rung higher which would put my hips(or my belt) above point A, or leaning over which would put my hips out of point A. Point A being that of the ladder Apex or where the top of the ladder meets the supporting surface. That is simply my own rule governed up from instinct by the way.....never distribute your weight above, over, or beyond point A. :Image4: :Image9:
Mart.

nice one mart, get a hat for that head same problem as the duncs
Christ mate, my hair was letting me know it wasn't happy living with me at the age of 22. By the age of 25 it had packed it's bags...I reasoned with it, tried to treat it nice, played with it and even bought it special gifts but, by the time I was 28, it had had mostly buggered off so, I bought a pair of clippers and told it to do one. I haven't seen it since and now, I'm past caring.

mine was the same had mind of its own, gust of wind and it was off, punks pay fortune to get theres standing on end

just quick go with razor easy peasy

I cant for the life of me understand why a wfp cleaner couldn't get the sill ?

More like a lazy cleaner who wants to earn £10.000 a day so splashes and dashes !!!

I have got a fixed one section unger pole it's about a ft long and I loved it. But lost it /emoticons/sad.png

As for WFP, bush is no way in the way. Sounds like he wasn't doing the sills.

Back