Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sharing work in a different area...

G

Wondering how people overcome this problem..

I have my main area for my window cleaning round which I do, but I am getting more jobs outside the area and I turn them away but I want to consider finding a method of selling them maybe, but I cannot figure out a good method.. partner with another window cleaner in that area to do the jobs for me - but I expect him to steal the job lol, sell the job to someone but it might only be a lead at the time, etc..

I would like to expand to another area but don't have the time to do that area myself and employing someone would be to much up front cost. What's the best method of getting someone else to do the jobs, quotes jobs etc in that area - without stealing the work?

I think your best bet is just to network with a few good ones and just pass on the enquires you get. Likewise they will do the same I'm sure. However if you are talking about huge commercial contracts then sub the work out instead might be something to consider. Downside to relying on subs when you are not involved on site yourself they could cause you all sorts of grief.

Subbing can work but from experience if you don't give out enough work the subbie tends to look for work himself whereas if you can sub enough out they have no need to

I have been on both sides of that fence

If you can sub out 200 quid of work a couple of days a week and expect 25% of the value then someone is happy to earn 150 quid a day and give you 50

Easy money for both of you but less and they won't have enough to live on

Last edited by a moderator:
I think for the bulk of enquieries you would be better off just handing them over to someone local to that area and let it generate some good will, hopefully you'll get the same in return one day.

Latest Posts

Back