Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Double di set up

A.K WINDOWS

How many of you guys use a double DI to fill your tanks/barrels?

I have a reading of 160ppm no if i was to use this set up using 2 11L vessels how many litters of pure would i get out of them before i need to replace the resin?

Cheers

160ppm...........you need ro bud

Or set up a direct debit to your resin shop lol

It would take forever bud using a 100 gpd (american gallons running for 24 hours) so no good if you are on a water meter

How many of you guys use a double DI to fill your tanks/barrels?
I have a reading of 160ppm no if i was to use this set up using 2 11L vessels how many litters of pure would i get out of them before i need to replace the resin?
I do, was 110ppm (recently shot up to 160-70)through two 25L.

I would guess you would produce 3500-4500L before a resin change is needed.

I do, was 110ppm (recently shot up to 160-70)through two 25L.I would guess you would produce 3500-4500L before a resin change is needed.

Rice how much does it cost you in resin mate? im going for the double DI for now see how it goes.

Ill only be using around 1000-1500L a month

I was buying a £72 25L bag of resin every 3 months.

I would estimate you'll have to change your first DI vessel resin (which you swap position with second DI) every 5-6wks. I'd guess your annual resin cost would be less than £300 at your stated production.

I do, was 110ppm (recently shot up to 160-70)
My TDS has gone up too mate, from 50 odd up-to 86 /emoticons/sad.png....

similar to last year, lower in the Winter and higher in the Summer.....anyone know why?

Anyone else have this problem with mains water TDS rising in the Summer months?

I was buying a £72 25L bag of resin every 3 months.I would estimate you'll have to change your first DI vessel resin (which you swap position with second DI) every 5-6wks. I'd guess your annual resin cost would be less than £300 at your stated production.
Or you could fork out £300 up front for the best ro output poss for the dosh and spend bugger all on resin.

A bought a bag for same as rice just before i swapped to ro, that was nearly a year ago and i've only had to change my di twice but thats only because i sometimes use custies hose pipes to top up, otherwise the resin would last forever. The most my di has to do is polish the water from is 004

Its took a year of not buying resin to pay for itself, plus that peace of mind knowing the water is at 000 permanantly.

I got a second hand 4040 with a brand new membrane fitted from a mate for about £300

My TDS has gone up too mate, from 50 odd up-to 86 /emoticons/sad.png....similar to last year, lower in the Winter and higher in the Summer.....anyone know why?

Anyone else have this problem with mains water TDS rising in the Summer months?
I mine's done the same bingo, its usually 34 now its at 86, but like you say in winter its low and summer its high. I was talking to someone at vyair last year and he said the water companies blend their water from different areas in summer to prevent shortages

lol i just want a basic set up from home to fill my barrels would this work and how long would it take to fill up 200L does this just conect to out side tap? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extend2wash-100gpd-reverse-osmosis-pure-water-fed-window-cleaning-system-with-di-/130982365806?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item1e7f284a6e
hey dats mine all mine...it be very good...according to my cooker minute minder it takes one hour fiveteen minutes ish to fill a 25 litre barrel....or 45 mins ish to fill my 18 litre back pack well near enough...it be great though..000....

ahh and apparently...you only get two hours because the power supply transformer needs a rest to cool....ahhh....it does get hot..

Production will vary according to water pressure and temperature (typical production rates are from 80 to 200 litres per hour).

What's the pure water rate off tap pressure?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:you mean...i could fill both my 25l barrels and my 18 l back pack and still have time for a cup of tea...whilst currently waiting for my first barrel to fill...:eek::eek::eek:hmmmm this wfp makes you think....

My 300 gpd ro does that :eek:

Better check your tap pressure as 4040's work best at 50 psi

I dont know psi my tap pressure is but it'll produce 1000 ltr in 24 hours

Back