Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

wfp finish after rain question!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

hi guys as im still practicing on my own house to get my wfp skills perfect i did my windows a few days ago when it was dry weather and then later on after the windows had dried off they looked perfect,not a spot so to speak then when it rained the next day they looked shockingly bad like the rain had dried bad on them, i know wfp is supposed to keep the windows cleaner for longer but from looking at mine they dont go this bad when i trad them?

as i say they was perfect up untill the rain came and went?

Had a call back today from a woman saying the chemicals I use has dried funny on her windows and could I call by to have a look. When I got there the windows were in a right state. Then I realised that I'd cleaned them on Tuesday (dry day) and we had a storm yesterday. The storm wrecked my work basically. I don't know what's in the air at the moment but every house I did today was filthy. I told her to look at them when they're dry and again tomorrow after it's rained.

It's the weather mate!

the wether is so bad the rain is so heavy that the windows r filfy its not a case of dirty rain i think its more the amount of rain we r getining next week we r spose to get a months wrth of rain in 3 days:mad:

I believe it's more because of the wind strength lately which must be stripping more dirt/dust off trees, roofs etc

Cool, my mind was thinking silly things like trad with soap leaves a stronger finish and now I done it pure water it's less protected lol!

I did notice today actually my normal jobs I do trad was a lot more dirty than normal so must be just the weather with the bad winds at the moment!

Haha talk about coincidence, one of neighbours asked me today if i could do the kitchen and living room windows trad because of the state of the windows a couple of days after me cleaning them!

I asked her if when i cleaned them last were they clean? ''Oh yeah, perfect'' she said said so i asked how do you think using a squeegee will make them cleaner for longer.......she couldnt think of any reason, pretty funny lol

I asked her did she think the 70-90 mph winds and weeks of torrential rain had owt to do with how mucky her windows were after a couple days? She just shrugged her shoulders, i told her to come across to my house and look at mine cause mine were just as bad, then said go and look everyone elses on our street........i was only pulling her leg, but squeegeed them for her

I,ll pop round for a brew tomorrow or sat after the next batch of storms, and see how good they look.

Oh yeah this happened to the house two doors up yesterday from us, i wonder if it has anything to do with it lol

She is directly behind the tree with all the ivy on, this poplar tree snapped and fell onto the roof then bounced off and landed in the back yard, it was 80 foot!!

i keep one clean over the road....i did the downstairs three times in as many days over xmas....and dont talk about what has just happened....i an oldy windy and do remember this happening a few times before....there is some good about the storms as people really do appreciate you turning up to get them clean again......just think of the hot summer and shorts.....

its the wind what gets them dirty, been today to clean windows spotless not been cleaned six weeks very little wind loads of rain mainly night time

Back