Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brodex Customer Service !!!!!

Russell Clark-Smith

I don't come on here too often and some may have read my bad experience with Brodex elsewhere.

I just want to make others aware of their absolutely diabolical customer service.

Long story short it has taken 3 months and the threat of legal action to obtain a refund on a couple of poles I paid for and they failed to deliver on time.

Be warned people I had to threaten Court CCJ.

I will never ever use them again.

You nearly took them to court because the delivery was late? Surely that's a bit ott?

Unless it was really late....

They sit have the best reputation mind...

There is a lot more to it than just a late delivery but it was the way they didn't deal with , just a couldn't care less attitude and everyone blaming everybody else in the company. They have no accounts staff , no sales manager he walked whilst my dispute was going on , no one that really gives a monkeys testacle.

Just want to make sure my feedback is known - bunch of idiots - rant over

Fair play :thumbsup:

There probably a one man band like all the others

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame as their systems aren't bad, this is a company that had potential to be a major force on the WFP scene and totally ballsed it up.

If I were Brodex, I would close the doors, fulfill all outstanding orders and then fold the company.

Get some serious staff with knowledge, re-brand, and make a comeback with a vengeance for the future.

It's a shame as their systems aren't bad, this is a company that had potential to be a major force on the WFP scene and totally ballsed it up.
If I were Brodex, I would close the doors, fulfill all outstanding orders and then fold the company.

Get some serious staff with knowledge, re-brand, and make a comeback with a vengeance for the future.

Haven't they done that a number of times before?

Theres a common misconception amongst a lot of Windies that these company's are large and well organised businesses,

Actually most of them bar Gardiner pole systems and window cleaning warehouse are very small and consist of just a few staff members,

One of the bigger ones near me 'window clean Center' is just 3 staff and run from a small commercial unit, and there a lots like that and some even smaller, eg Aqua daptor - just one bloke and shed basically!

Then we wonder why the service is so bad...

My guess is brodex is orobably 2-3 people trying desperately to run a business....

Theres a common misconception amongst a lot of Windies that these company's are large and well organised businesses,
Actually most of them bar Gardiner pole systems and window cleaning warehouse are very small and consist of just a few staff members,

One of the bigger ones near me 'window clean Center' is just 3 staff and run from a small commercial unit, and there a lots like that and some even smaller, eg Aqua daptor - just one bloke and shed basically!

Then we wonder why the service is so bad...

My guess is brodex is orobably 2-3 people trying desperately to run a business....

Unfortunately there are some suppliers that just don't get that customer service is the key to growing their business. Happy customers come back.

It's not as though they haven't a model to see how it should be done and follow it. In fact they have a number of models they can choose to follow.

My one off experience with Brodex was that once they had sold the product they didn't care less after that. They said whatever they needed to, to get the sale. Promised the earth but with no intention of delivering what they promised. (Complain - their reply; that person didn't have the authority to promise that and is no longer working for the company.) The ex stock poles took 3 weeks to be delivered and were invoiced at a higher price than the special offer. They then denied there was ever an offer at that price even although I had a text message as proof. They then charged my credit card for the poles at the right price but it took another 3 or 4 weeks before I finally got a refund against the first invoice. They dissolved the company a few months later so they were obviously stalling and rolling money. This sort of attitude stems from the arrogant top down. They know best and your opinion counts for nothing if you don't agree with them. The Lord and Master syndrome.

What I don't understand is how a Director of a failed company can become a director of another company. In South Africa it used to be that they had to prove themselves to be rehabilitated and it wouldn't be less than a period of 5 years before they could be employed in that position again.

They aren't the only ones. There's another that makes brushes and used to dictate his views on this forum. If you didn't agree with his thoughts then you were wrong.

We have/had customers just like them. We call them messers. They will never learn from their own mistakes. We dump them and then you find they treat the next window cleaner the same way.

Brodex are profit margin orientated, but then so is Ionics. But the only thing we here about Ionics is their prices, it isn't about their after sales service or the way they treat their customers. Brodex attitude is a take it on our terms or buzz off. One of the staff from Broedex (can't remember his name) got on the forum once singing the customer service song; I'll sort any issues out you have. He didn't stay long.

On the other hand some of us lot must be rather hard to please from a supplier's view. I think of poor Doug from Daqua and the resin issue. He stuck with it trying to find the solution to a perceived problem.

(When I use the word perceived I use it in my experience. A few years ago I split a bag of Tusion 115 resin from Purefreedom with a local windie. He reported back that the resin I bought was poor quality and not lasting. He would never use it again. On the other hand my half of the bag was fine. He failed to consider that he had also started supplying water to the windie next door, so his water production went up accordingly.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at one of there system's but when I googled them I found a lot of complaint's, especially there customer service.

which is why I'm looking at xline and pure2o.

Back