Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much To Replace Gutter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window Cleaning Rayleigh

So I've gone out to a fella who's completely bodged his gutter that's over a ground floor bay window. The length of gutter is about 4metres but isn't straight, it's got 4 135degree bends. I've given him my price to replace it all which he's agreed but am curious to know how you charge for gutter maintenance jobs

I don't mess about replacing guttering now myself but would have thought you would have charged hopefully at least £125 plus parts :rolleyes:

Went in at £150, already had all the parts from a previous job to! He thought it was a bit steep but I explained that where there was so many leaks that his wooden framed windows will soon be rotten which will cost a lot more than £150! How come you don't do the replacing anymore?

Can't be arsed anymore to be honest so I sub the work out instead /emoticons/wink.png

You'd have no chance round here, as a guy called Mr Claddy can clad and replace guttering on a terace house front and back in less than 3 hours = £300

I think you done really well.

There are plenty of mr claddy's about everywhere but would say the average cost should be around £45 - £55 per liner metre

I would be interested to know how long it takes you when you are finished , personally it sounds about 1 hours work, take down existing gutting and fittings cut new guttering on the floor to the size as before put back up . £30 materials 1 hours work and you got £150 result I would say.

I've penciled it down to be a couple of hours work, yep materials is £28 which leaves £122 profit, I don't work out how much it is per hour, but how much I wanna earn for that job. But the fact he said he'd had another quote yet still went for me must mean I'm not to far out I reckon!!

I won't be using the old gutter as reference to cut as the previous person has bodged it completely haha!

But appreciate all your comments lads

Back