Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mirrored glass...

cheapncheerful

i have some mirrored glass windows which i cleaned today....yesterday big norris my 18 inch squeegee was on fire and i was flying ..come today and he just wouldnt play...

blade marks everywhere...a right jordan i was making..(sorry jordan but if you want to be a windy you have to take some stick..).but....and this is a big but....this has happened many a time before....i dont look at it as i blade and by the time i look up they have gone and the windows look shiny clean...

the first time it happened it was very early 5.20am and i put it down to misty cold start..but it keeps happening .

i tightened the screws (pulex, very cheap and cheerful)...didnt help so i switched the blade around...not so easy as some idiot had overtightened the screws...and then i started very slowly bending the blade as sometimes with age it is out of true...no luck...

well ...not being too stupid i do remember buying 10 36 inch rubbers ready and distinctly remember thinking i will just put one in the boot ...could i find it...nope

went around the corner and norris was back on form...

and then he went funny again....

anyway as i said i couldn't see any marks when dry and so i left it at that....does this happen to anyone else?

Hi I was using my 18" on my large shop yesterday and when using pole doing the "7" style poling there were water marks left now and then, not heaps though, that dried and seemed clear of smears. Noticed this more in the winter and when it was colder, Dont know if its to do with pressure? bendy glass? Humidity? rubbish technique? As long as theres not any visible soap left, then it should dry clear, so I was told, as I was concerned about it when it was happening?But I'm fairly new. so dont take my word for anything. I use unger squeegee with facelift rubber and ecover with flash at the mo.

well normally you can see marks on a window if you leave them but i couldnt see any and they just look okay...maybe it was because it was a friday:)any way they have had me back many times and never said anything...weird though..

Alls good then:). Another day off for me as been pouring all day, bonnie scotland. Got a big cheque through from last week, so not all bad.

Back