Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaner Planner App

@Damo has covered it well here

RP George Excel are ok IMO if you run a smaller round.

Cleaner Planer is for those that want to grow, expand and run a much larger round with ease.

I had not thought of the office girl analogy but he has hit it on the head. And you wives will be less annoyed whe you spend time on CP instead of 'training' an office girl.

When I started with it I complained to Rob aboit the price but to be fair it is worth every penny. Like Damo I have the £25 package to intergrate GoCardless and Text local.

I work with a calendar myself , every house is wrote out in book in order for the next 10 months, and any new ones for that day/round I write at the bottom just and then rewrite it out when the page is full, as soon as I do the work I just count the weeks forward and mark it up. Cost me a pound from poundshop for the calendar /emoticons/tongue.png
Exactly what I do

Exactly Green. I never ever thought I would use the text service when I get them for free.

But I can set my texts up to go out at 7pm. Tomorrow night I am out for a meal. So how would it look to start texting people at a meal table. Embarrassing or what.

My work is all sorted out for next week. Mon - Fri. I spend an hour on a Friday night and do my admin and that's it for the week really.

Posted from my iPhone

You can analyse a lot of things with round software

You can see quiet spots

What areas are working well and start to streamline your work by instantly moving jobs about to suit yourself and make days more compact

Same as if a big 1 off comes up you can move things about if needed to accommodate it

I can see instantly what days will earn me what and as i plan my rounds i can move stuff about to make evenly matched days and know what i am going to earn

And that's only the start of it with reports etc and forecasting

You can analyse a lot of things with round softwareYou can see quiet spots

What areas are working well and start to streamline your work by instantly moving jobs about to suit yourself and make days more compact

Same as if a big 1 off comes up you can move things about if needed to accommodate it

I can see instantly what days will earn me what and as i plan my rounds i can move stuff about to make evenly matched days and know what i am going to earn

And that's only the start of it with reports etc and forecasting
I enjoy sitting with the calculator at the end of the day and taking the brothers wages out off it lol, sounds a good job tho and what work you have is in front of you totalled up, what one do you use mate

I use round partner and it suits me but cleaner planner i knownis awesome

I only pay a tenner a month though

No contract just pay monthly or you can't do anything on there apart from see your round as it was when the subscription ran out

The best thing for me is i can open up a planner where i can drop and drag jobs where i want them

Takes me 5 mins at the end of each day to write a number of a page 8 weeks ahead in the diary & 5 mins to write down who hasn't paid that day & cross out who's money has come in. About an hour a week.

I have my houses down the side and columns rules out for each date they r done and when they are due on my calendar, I just tick when payed

I work with a calendar myself , every house is wrote out in book in order for the next 10 months, and any new ones for that day/round I write at the bottom just and then rewrite it out when the page is full, as soon as I do the work I just count the weeks forward and mark it up. Cost me a pound from poundshop for the calendar /emoticons/tongue.png
Me too. Keeps it simple. Takes 15 mins when I get home to sort it. Works for me. Don't need a computer to tell me what's due. It's there in the diary where I logged it last time I cleaned it

If you want to keep it all jotted down on a scrap book that's your business. However I will doubt that you are managing 500 + customers, who owes what and when they're all due from a paper diary.

A couple at least that have posted on here that they use a paper diary have also stated in other theeads that they only work two or thee days a week or only a few hours per mornig and in that case I can see using a paper diary can be a solution. For those tracking information of several hundred customers and treating it as a full time business venture and wanting the ability to analyse thier work in seconds at a click of a button then it is purely ridiculous to suggest they do it with a diary from Poundworld.

If you dont want to use the tech at your disposal to make your life easier then dont. My question is what happens when the local asshole sees your van window open and decides to stroll off with your round book?

Bet you wish you had it all backed up on a server then.

I used to use a diary

Then I tried index cards which works and gives you more flexibility

Then i tried software

Thought to myself after a few weeks that i could still do it from a book

Tried for a few days and thought sod this where's my cashcard I'm paying my next months subscription as this is hard work

I no a windie has a pocket diary , 10k a month of work, no dates , uses a pencil with a rubber on the end when he's round he's round , does a dot if paid

I used to work like that years ago before i left london and sold up

C for cleaned

Draw a line through the c when paid

Then next time do the same next to the last one

Very hard when coming to sell the round

Luckily it was to someone i knew but i still had to write it all out properly with whatever details i had

Mostly all i had was address and that's it as i used to collect all my money back then

If i ever need to sell work now i can just print off everything in one go with all details etc

Yea I think that's why the diary works for me because I still collect all mine, I honestly don't know how that window cleaner manages , he's had the book for 20 years apparently, when any of his workers take charge when hes on holiday they can't understand the book , they no the run so just write down he hasn't paid on the day then collect it

Back