Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got Injured With Previous Employer - Now Striking Out My Own.

B

BrightDaywindows

Hello everyone,

First time posting. I was injured on the job with previous employer (window cleaning). He had no workers ins, so now im striking out on my own. I have

2 years experience cleaning windows residential and commercial (traditional). Any advice?

What things have you done so far, do you have flyers, or business cards sorted, are you planning on door knocking to gain work. If you read through the forum, you will get a wide range of advice on various things, but if there is something specific, like what insurance companies do you use? for instance, you'll get more responses.

not good when that happens, hope your ok!

first things first, get insurance! lol

but like laddergarder said would start with that sort of stuff!

Sue him. He's required by law to have public liability AND employers liability. This is 2012 and people should know better. What if you were killed?! Take him to the cleaners, in a manner of speaking...

Best of luck whatever you decide to do

Good luck mate, get insurance and get knocking on the doors and u will have a good round in no time mate

Did he employ you? Or did you just work for him under a self employed basis? Like subcontracted.

If you were employed and not self employed- he has to have employer's liability as noted above, you could take him to court & win, no problem.

Hi There,

Sorry to hear about the accident that you had. Like the some of the others have said, insurance is a must. But prevention is better than cure. Think seriously about ladderless window cleaning, and threby reduce the risks.

All the best with you new business venture and welcome to the forum.

Back