Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advise when talking to big companies

SMC CLEANING

Hi Guys,

I have been doing a lot of builders cleans for Crest Nicholson recently and it's great money so I am now looking at other companies etc. Barret and Persimmon. Trouble is when I phone them I ask for the person that deals with subcontracting some say can you be more specific and I'm a bit stumped. I thought saying someone form subcontracting would be enough. This is the first time I have called companies and so I am looking for some advice mainly what is the title of the person I should be asking for.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Ask for "the person in charge of post build cleaning"

Or person responsible for the window cleaning

Be specific

Hi, When you say first time cleans are good money what hourly rate would you be getting . Cheers and good luck.

Yeah interesting you say it's great money as I have done a load of work this year for a big House Builders and pay was not great

Yeah interesting you say it's great money as I have done a load of work this year for a big House Builders and pay was not great
.Hi Tax Iv always avoided them due to poor rates but thought I might have been unlucky after reading that thread.

Never mind about the low rates. Getting paid is the biggest challenge. The bigger the company the worst it is they will use any excuse not to pay.
Couldn't agree more , Droped all my contract work as was for ever cleaning windows to pay the staff. Now got a nice 95% domestic round with a few private shops.

Back