Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter and ladder stuff

slippy

20170217_151307.jpg Does the ankalad look look ok? Got wood under the feet in 1 picture. I now keep its legs off the ground and loose until half way up and my weight is pushing down then swing the legs in so they go tight and dig in ground.

Are the mitts too high up on gutters and gaffer tape ok?

And how u clear this piece of guttering in picture when moss falls down it?

20170222_140755.jpg

20170222_132914.jpg

20170217_144251.jpg

generally I pitch the ladder so the stand-off is on the roof tiles for gutter clearing, that way you are leaning against the ladder when working, not away from it.

the swan necks on the guttering just pull apart for unblocking, although sometimes they are screwed together from behind, then its usually just a case of hooking the rubbish out with a flexible piece of wire.

generally I pitch the ladder so the stand-off is on the roof tiles for gutter clearing, that way you are leaning against the ladder when working, not away from it.
the swan necks on the guttering just pull apart for unblocking, although sometimes they are screwed together from behind, then its usually just a case of hooking the rubbish out with a flexible piece of wire.
Do u use a microlite as your roof standoff? I am thinking of getting one as I am getting so many gutter jobs.

Is my normal standoff I have been using safe though? One in picture.

Back