Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

turn marks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adam curtis

hi lads any one else get turn marks in the corners there driving me mad they ent there all the time but every now and a gain I see them don't no if it's the low sun or what don't matter what I do still seem to find them any one help me please cheers in advance adam

in low sun you see everything!!!obviously you are trad.try ecover & vinegar in your water.it works!!!

It's the time of the year. If I was a YouTube then I would show you how to avoid them in the winter but it's a bit hard to describe.

If a customer moans just say it's a small downside of the trad method. They can always go for a wfp cleaner but then they will be trading the odd stripe, with the odd spot. Marks of one form or another are inevitable when the sun is low, so long as they are clean it is good enough. If they are too picky then it's a cause for being dumped. The picky ones are usually the ones that told you they fired their last windy- my alarm bells always go off. There is simply no pleasing this type of person.

when you clean the outsides in low sun,& then are asked to clean the insides:eek:.every mark,scratch-fingerprints etc,you name it-you see it.

Yea have to agree with the wfp spots iv noticed them more with the low sun , hate a low sun like

Skillful rinsing and knowing problematic seals stops marks from WFP and of course 0ppm (below 5 still good). Still get the odd tinker but generally spotless. Only time there is issues is on bad first cleans, but always warn the customers they can spot first time up. I always rinse cm below top seals.

Low sun is a *****, annoys me how many of my regulars pay me good money but never clean there insides looks awful, yet never take me up on doing the insides a couple of times yearly lol!

tips i can give is.

hard rubber

fresh clean water

ettore squeegee off

strate pulls on big windows

new rubber is essential i change mine quiet reguler now

had same problem today trad conny inside and out, they had the letter boxs with the patterned glass

anyway got the outsides done went inside spent more time touching up with my fibreoptic cloth

changed rubbers, GOD total blast from the past

Skillful rinsing and knowing problematic seals stops marks from WFP and of course 0ppm (below 5 still good). Still get the odd tinker but generally spotless. Only time there is issues is on bad first cleans, but always warn the customers they can spot first time up. I always rinse cm below top seals.
Low sun is a *****, annoys me how many of my regulars pay me good money but never clean there insides looks awful, yet never take me up on doing the insides a couple of times yearly lol!
nowt worse than leaking seals that the only main down side to WFP

done the dry wiping with the brush and also leaving the window washed then returned later to rinse but you never know

never mind turn marks my ladderm8 gave a jump wile up it and i need to know how to get rid of skid marks :eek:

Since I've gone from an ordinary squeegee to a wagtail with a liquidator channel (wagulator) I have no probs with lines. I also have plenty of Squeegee and washing up liquid in the water, but hold back on the amount of water I put on the window (don't have it running). There are some blading techniques, but I can't explain them here, except for one which is straight down blading, but not on big windows.

I'll try and do a vid tomorrow with the wagulator

It is a bit of a different technique..shallower turns but it is a perfect job

It is still best to use a channel over half the width of the window you are doing so then you can go up, across, down and then across and will get no lines whatsoever

I personally think turn marks are a combination of a few things

1.not enough water

2.not enough soap

3.not scrubbing the window enough with applicator

4.worn rubber

In low light specially in the winter I use more water on the glass and change rubber frequently

Turn marks usually dry grey and I think it's the dirt and grime on the window from the turn

I do a lot of pubs in and out and never get turn marks even in low light following the above

I no waggas technique in the vid is good but that's on a already clean window

Try it applicate a window quickly then blade you will get turn marks

Clean that window again straight after it will be totally clear

I know what causes marks for me

I don't get any with my technique with modded channels or liquidators

I didn't get a chance today but i will vid myself tomorrow while working

when you clean the outsides in low sun,& then are asked to clean the insides:eek:.every mark,scratch-fingerprints etc,you name it-you see it.
Yeah, always strange how you can see it from the inside looking out rather than the other way round.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back