Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where Is The Best Place You Have Gained Work ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

The best place i got so far is some flats /emoticons/smile.png one person i knew told me to do them and ever from that day i pick customers up more and more they pop their heads out and say can u do mine /emoticons/smile.png and it brings in about 38 per hour aswell /emoticons/smile.png i do 7 flats take me 1 hour and its 38 quids worth /emoticons/smile.png

A bunch of pensioners, 1 rang me up from giving a flyer to her daughter when she passed me and I was cleaning somewhere else. She got me a few more in her cul-de-sac and since then I've ended up with 14 houses down there. All priced well and everyone reliable payers, if ones not in another will pay for them so even better I never have to go collect.

in the pub with my dad she heard us talking and asked if I could do hers by the time I got there on the Monday she had 5 neighbours for me all old dears then by the time I finished cleaning them I picked up 2 more over the road ive now got 11 down that street and haven't even canvassed it should do really

I have lots of £5 appartments, take 2-3 hours £100. Love that day as always come home with £100 in my pocket, Very rarely that happens.

I'm same but then I still haven't canvassed anywhere yet, the old dears are definitely my best customers for lots of reasons.

I'm same but then I still haven't canvassed anywhere yet' date=' the old dears are definitely my best customers for lots of reasons.[/quote']yer same here on that run I go along do all the fronts then backs by the time I get to the last one ive had 3 brews loads of cake and biscuits and they all get me talking for ages then I cant be bothered to go and do the ones on the other side of the street and end up having to go back the next day

Best area of mine, is an area I had been doing for about 4 years, only had about 10 houses in 1 street... There is also about 6 or 7 other windys in the area, but at the start of 2012 I knocked the doors.. I now have over 90 across 6 streets

Best area of mine' date=' is an area I had been doing for about 4 years, only had about 10 houses in 1 street... There is also about 6 or 7 other windys in the area, but at the start of 2012 I knocked the doors.. I now have over 90 across 6 streets[/quote']that's great I need to start knocking doors tried it when I first started and didn't like doing it so I just leaflet so ive got a scattered round need to compact it

You need to knock doors to compact your work.. I wasted years and lots of ££ for flyers, paper ads.. You Gota go look for the work, it won't always come looking for you.. I have scattered work too from when I started, have dumped £100s worth of work that I gained from flyers etc just because they ain't worth it.. But after Xmas I'm going to knock all our compact rounds to try get some new work to replace more of the scattered work..

You need to knock doors to compact your work.. I wasted years and lots of ££ for flyers' date=' paper ads.. You Gota go look for the work, it won't always come looking for you.. I have scattered work too from when I started, have dumped £100s worth of work that I gained from flyers etc just because they ain't worth it.. But after Xmas I'm going to knock all our compact rounds to try get some new work to replace more of the scattered work..[/quote']I might knock with you /emoticons/smile.png

I have parts of my rounds that could do with gaining a few more in the street.

The best place i got so far is some flats /emoticons/smile.png one person i knew told me to do them and ever from that day i pick customers up more and more they pop their heads out and say can u do mine /emoticons/smile.png and it brings in about 38 per hour aswell /emoticons/smile.png i do 7 flats take me 1 hour and its 38 quids worth /emoticons/smile.png

What you saying ‘H’, is, where the money is!!!

Nice work, get your cleaning/service time down from 1 hour; it should be easy to raise that to £45 per hour, if you can reduce the time cleaning a couple of minutes per customer. Then if your can raise the prices aprox 14% (£0.75p) for each customers you will be around £50 per hour /emoticons/smile.png

Richard

I was cleaning a domestic property and a school caretaker over and asked me to quote his school. I priced and got the job. Priced £260 inside and £260 out. Twice a year.

A windy working on the house nxt to the one i was cleaning gave me a womans phone number as he said he was too busy to go over this village to clean, so gave her a call and popped over to quote and she said think a few others in the cul de sac require your services so ended up getting 13x£12 4x£10 and 2x£15 houses, result or what! that windy should have went over!

Back