Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder m8 vs bps ladder base

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just get an ankalad instead would be my first choice as I would not trust that as far as I could throw it.

As long as it's at least a nine rung ladder an ankalad would fit ok.

Also don't use that ladder without the stabaliser bar whatever you do as they have slots cut out of the stiles under those protective covers which the base of the ladder could colapse if you try.

Just screwed the base plate on smurf ta, have to ditch the m8 for now but it really grips the ground, still a bit of ice here

Don't get me wrong those ladders if set correctly are relativly safe to use but like all ladders dodgy to use on some types of surfaces without using a good safety devices to stop the ladder slipping down the wall and sideways at the top whilst working.

Erected it without 'bracelad' but with standoff, to 7 then 5 metres, and I definately can't handle it safely' way to top heavy for me. Walked around garden a bit to test, but can definately see myself putting a window through... Back to the drawing board

I would ditch the stabaliser bar....would stop me kicking the feet of my ladder into grass!

The ladder m8 is a great bit of kit smurf....don't knock it till you've tried it /emoticons/smile.png

I don't get on to well with the ankalad tbh. Getting the perfect balance when set up against a wall is a pain, I always end up climbing the ladder with the top not touching the wall!!

Like I said before @Rascal you can't use that bps ladder without fitting the stabaliser bar.

I would ditch the stabaliser bar....would stop me kicking the feet of my ladder into grass!
The ladder m8 is a great bit of kit smurf....don't knock it till you've tried it /emoticons/smile.png

I don't get on to well with the ankalad tbh. Getting the perfect balance when set up against a wall is a pain, I always end up climbing the ladder with the top not touching the wall!!

The stabiliser is catching on everything as I walk with it. It's still too top heavy, I thiught I was ok walking with it at 6m with no standoff, then dropped it (onto grass). Will have to be much more bottom heavy before I can risk stand off too.

Says from googling these size ladders are meant to be two man setup, I can see why!

Any triple ladder that size will take some getting use to no matter which one you get as they a not lightweight but I've found a triple 7plus m bps ladder is ideal for roofline work. Was a good job you did not buy a class 1 ladder then /emoticons/biggrin.png

How are you trying to move the ladder with the microlite fitted?

Erected it without 'bracelad' but with standoff, to 7 then 5 metres, and I definately can't handle it safely' way to top heavy for me. Walked around garden a bit to test, but can definately see myself putting a window through... Back to the drawing board

The ladder I use the most is a basic 2 stage 6m. The advantage of being basic is that it's light and I can manage it extended. I have a 15 rung 3 stage which is such a beast I shudder at the thought of getting it off the van!!!!

I use a 12 rung triple with micro standoff and ankalad fitted as my normal day today window cleaning ladders

Felt heavy and awkward for a couple of days but your body soon gets used to it

It helps that i am 14.5 stone with no fat

I wouldn't want to be a 12 stone guy carrying it all day

I use the correct type of ladder for the job in hand and find the 12 rung triple no problem to use on my own even with an ankalad & mirolite standoff fitted. However a 15 rung triple would be a 2 man jobbie for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png

The ladder I use the most is a basic 2 stage 6m. The advantage of being basic is that it's light and I can manage it extended. I have a 15 rung 3 stage which is such a beast I shudder at the thought of getting it off the van!!!!

However a 15 rung triple would be a 2 man jobbie for sure
I only got it just in case I need to fix something at 3 stories. I have never used it fully extended, I have no idea how I would get it up that high!!

With the microlite can you wheel it up a wall to extend the ladder while climbing? Do the flat wheels collapse?

No you can't extend a ladder whilst climbing up it @Rascal even with wheels on /emoticons/biggrin.png
I can't remember where I have seen this but I have seen it! I think the ladders had some sort of locking mechanism as well.

I wouldn't mate

The ladders may be at a safe angle to start with but as you extend the angle changes and you will get to a point where the ladder will fall

Plus it is just plain stupid to try

I'll keep trying with them, but rascal can you send me a link to those lighter ones please?

I found these I might end up getting, 13kg for 6.1m:

http://www.laddersalesdirect.co.uk/extension-ladders/titan-2-section-push-up-extension-ladder.html

I'm sure bottom heavy I'd be able to cope but at 7m they were beast wranglingly difficult

Davey, I'm affraid I'm in the sub 13 stone weakling size bracket :-(. On the plus side, not much fat either, chance would be a fine thing to put some fat on!

Smurf, I fitted it on rungs 4 to 5 and stuck the base against a wall then walked my hands up, got it vertical, then walked it on my shoulder.

I can't figure out how you're finding the fulcrum point! To me it's way off where I am

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back