Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Having a go at making a d.i.y water-fed trolley system...

rjacandwc

Here is my effort at a D.I.Y Water-Fed Trolley System... Over the past year I have seen various videos and posts on You Tube and the WCF that have given tips on how to put a system together. I thought I'd have a go... I brought the items needed throughout the year. No more than £200 spent. I had a problem when wiring up the remote controller and nearly set fire to it. So, It is working with a Manual Tap only at the moment. I see on the internet that the Tap can automatically switch off the pump. Although, my pump still keeps going draining the battery. This is something I am trying to work on. Also I may need to purchase a flow controller. The water seems to go everywhere. Although, I have never done Water Fed work. So, it might just be me and not having the skill as yet!. Other than that all seems ok for now. I thought it important to share my negatives as building a trolley is a learning curve just like anything else. I intend to use it for conservatory roofs and one or two hard to reach houses. But. I like the concept of the trolley and if it is all put together properly I can see how this system could be of huge benefit to a Window Cleaner. Which shows I still need to add a few things to the system to make it a better performer...

View attachment 3464

Looks very nice, love the way it's allowed in the house /emoticons/biggrin.png

Regarding your pump not switching off, you might need to calibrate it.

Well done mate. have you got a cheap pro pump in there? as long as its fitted with pressure switch the pump should turn off as soon as you stop the flow.

DC 12V 60W 3L/min Diaphragm High Pressure Water Pump Automatic Switch

This is the pump I am using jimmyboats. I have notice that I have a small leak. This may well be causing the problem. Will have a good look at all connection points tomorrow... Thank you all for comments...

View attachment 3465

Last edited by a moderator:
DC 12V 60W 3L/min Diaphragm High Pressure Water Pump Automatic Switch
This is the pump I am using jimmyboats. I have notice that I have a small leak. This may well be causing the problem. Will have a good look at all connection points tomorrow... Thabnk you all for comments...
I'm pretty sure mate that pump doesn't have a pressure switch on it. I bought one of those once and there wasn't one on it..

Well don m8 looks fantastic id finish it off by sign writing the box and a few water barrels

Can you post me a link via ebay jimmyboots. I am unsure as to which pump to get.
The way to tell is usually you will see 2 wires coming from the top of the pump where the pressure switch is, running down to the other end, as well as the usual pos/neg wires

This is one mate (see the 2 wires underneath on the 3rd pic)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-80PSI-70-5-L-min-Diaphragm-High-Pressure-Water-Pump-12Volt-DC-/261459886394?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item3ce039413a

Thanks so much for pointing that one out jimmyboots. I will look forward in meeting my new pump sometime later in Jan... Cheers!

Thanks so much for pointing that one out jimmyboots. I will look forward in meeting my new pump sometime later in Jan... Cheers!
No probs mate. Here's another one bit cheaper. Sorry if you already ordered. Yes they do take a while to come from China. Cheap as chips tho :thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-Diaphragm-High-Pressure-Water-Pump-Automatic-Switch-5L-min-60W-Car/111428801436?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28111%26meid%3D73d6d86166684367be7bf3ca82647b81%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D11472%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D261459886394&rt=nc

Back