Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Answer These Questions About Your Business :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To be honest Smurf I think Richards already posted half the book, although not word for word around the forum at some time or another and I've read the book myself, an interesting read actually.

"how to make money from mugs" acccording to some of the prices you reckon you charge Smurf I'd say you're in the same game so pot and kettle spring to mind!
lol

Classic,... /emoticons/biggrin.png

I must have got the name mixed up whilst reading another book at the time called "how to make money from wealthy idiots"

At least that one seemed to have worked well for me :rolleyes: I will sell you a copy if you like for a bargain price of one million pounds....

Classic,... /emoticons/biggrin.png
I must have got the name mixed up whilst reading another book at the time called "how to make money from wealthy idiots"

At least that one seemed to have worked well for me :rolleyes: I will sell you a copy if you like for a bargain price of one million pounds....
Wealthy idiots, I like the term much better lol

Post your book on here then richard if you want to help ppl out. By the way what is your book called "how to make money from mugs" by any chance /emoticons/biggrin.png
Smurf, going to the trouble of writing the book is acknowledged as helping, just not by you. Also people who have brought the book are not mugs; it would be more accurate to say the opposite.

To take your comment literally, you could say - why you don’t clean your customer’s windows for free, or maybe you view them with the same disdain.

Richard

I earn £500,000

I have 20,000 custies

I only declare £20,000 to inland revenue for tax

Please dont nobody report me (-;

There is helping others and charging to help which are two different things Richard /emoticons/biggrin.png

Would suggest you work on your own marketing & pricing strategy firstly before selling a book to others.

Here are a couple of free helpful pointers as follows:

Website

1. Invest in a decent website / online shop as your current website and so say shop is dreadful.

2. Offer your book "Winning At Window Cleaning” free with every tecbuk brush order worth say £55 not including tax & delivery.

What do you think folks? :rolleyes:

not having a go but smurf has got a point with the tecbuk shop site it's hard to buy stuff in fact not managed yet and also found the aqua dapter site a bit ott brodex quite straight forward but you don't get what you ordered hopefully you will take this as constructive I'm not saying I can do any better just that its a little mmm from the buyers point of view waiting to get blasted for this as I know Richard and aqua both on here

Dodger is right, new ecommerce soon, and Newbie123 I agree, with your comments I have taken far too long to sort out a proper ecommerce site.

Smurf thanks for the tips, I am new to a product type business it is very different to the service type that is window cleaning. Forecasting the correct level of stock is something I have yet to get right, although now after 2 years I think I am just getting the hang of it.

With regards to helping, I agree with charity but people do pay for information, education, advice etc and more often act or use what they have paid for, I sold more books at £34.95 than I did when it was less than £20!

Designing a new product was a steep learning curve, and initially only intended to sell 100 brushes a year, these sold out in the first few months, and yet still last year I lost several thousands of pounds of placed orders, because I couldn’t fulfil them in time. This is my own entire fault. Hopefully this year I will get my act better together.

Richard

Richards book was a very good read. I would recommend it for anyone starting up or even already in business. Learnt me a lot. And there is info inside there that I have never seen mentioned on this forum..

Can't wait to see the new site too!

also found the aqua dapter site a bit ott ... hopefully you will take this as constructive I'm not saying I can do any better just that its a little mmm from the buyers point of view waiting to get blasted for this as I know ... aqua ... on here
I have no problem with any constructive criticism /emoticons/smile.png

We generally get good comments, but if you have any suggestions, email them to me and I'll be happy to speak with the web designers about it. sales at aqua-dapter dot co dot uk

We have to strike a balance between those who are comfortable navigating a website and know how to search for what they're looking for, with those who need a reminder about what products are available and how to find the information they want. There are also constraints of the software and administration to consider!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Paul

Well said Steve,my father n law does my books and he was a top business man now retired.He taught me never ever tell anyone anything like that especially on here.

Keep everything under your hat.

Back