Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first full week powerup 3D review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It’s leaking from the O rings inside the silver shaft where you connect the feed. Every time the reel spins it leaks. Quick email to WCW and they sent out some O rings right away so can’t fault them to be honest. 

View attachment 24237
Ahh that's frustrating! I never tried to fiddle with mine I don't even know how to take it apart. As they are massively different to hozelock ends. How you finding the 6mm hose? I find my pressure switch doesn't like it much.

I had a detailed emailed explaining what to do or I could of sent the unit back to WCW for them to do, really didn’t want the hassle of unbolting it and sending back. 

I’m going to adjust the tension of the belt later, just unsure how tight it will need to be, last thing I want to do is over tension the belt and it snaps on me.

I prefer 8mm hose to the 6mm but I’m getting used to it. It took a few times calibrating the controller to get it to dead end before the pressure switch kicking in.

I had a detailed emailed explaining what to do or I could of sent the unit back to WCW for them to do, really didn’t want the hassle of unbolting it and sending back. 

I’m going to adjust the tension of the belt later, just unsure how tight it will need to be, last thing I want to do is over tension the belt and it snaps on me.

I prefer 8mm hose to the 6mm but I’m getting used to it. It took a few times calibrating the controller to get it to dead end before the pressure switch kicking in.
Without being rude you do realise that that noise it makes is like a cut out when the hose is caught it’s like an anti snag protection . If you pull some hose off the reel you can feel the belt if you adjust it until you cannot push it up or down or twist it sideways if that makes sense that’s fine to adjust it is a bit fiddly to be honest but once set right I have never had to alter any of mine we have 6 of them ??

Tighten 1/4 turn at a time, tighten 4 bolts then try. If not right repeat until your belt is not slipping 

Yeah I understand that it would be a feature, makes a racket when the hose is trapped behind a tire ? but I can see the belt slip most times when I first press the button in, even does it if the reel is slack in my hand if that makes sense. 

Thank you for the advise on the belt will tackle it later this afternoon 

Yeah I understand that it would be a feature, makes a racket when the hose is trapped behind a tire ? but I can see the belt slip most times when I first press the button in, even does it if the reel is slack in my hand if that makes sense. 

Thank you for the advise on the belt will tackle it later this afternoon 
The racket you hear is the belt slipping, how can this be a feature, you are ruining the belt. There is no electronics or gadget in there to make it antisnag. 

Once you hear the noise you stop and free the hose so there is minimal ware on the belt , if it were a chain it would either snap or damage the motor if there were no clutch . 

Once you hear the noise you stop and free the hose so there is minimal ware on the belt , if it were a chain it would either snap or damage the motor if there were no clutch . 
The main sprocket on the reel is part of the plastic molding, if that wears due to it slipping a new belt won't fix it. You will need a new reel 

The main sprocket on the reel is part of the plastic molding, if that wears due to it slipping a new belt won't fix it. You will need a new reel 
You won’t wear that out very quickly the belt is rubber that will wear out not the sprocket , belts like chains on reels are a serviceable item and will eventually need changing but we have never had to replace one yet , it’s cheap and fairly easy to replace  

Its definitely slipping on startup with nothing trapped. Will give it a 1/4 turn see how it goes. Instructions were pretty straight forward to get access to the tensioner bolt

Not had a great start with mine, out the box mine it’s leaked needing new O rings and now the belt is starting to slip and make a loud noise.

how much tension needs to be on the belt once tightened? Don’t want to over tighten
Their not fit for purpose mate and vastly overpriced....if I were you I'd send it back and order a PF reelmaster...they are bulletproof....very very good reels 

Why dont they do a system like the hoselock garden reels, when that reels back it has a system to spread the hose neatly across the spool not all in one place.come to that has any one used a hoselock self realback real to good effectin the industry?

Their not fit for purpose mate and vastly overpriced....if I were you I'd send it back and order a PF reelmaster...they are bulletproof....very very good reels 
In all fairness folk on here have had PF reels not fit for purpose out the box. It seems all of the reels are hit and miss, regardless of who you go for. It more comes down to who has good customer service to get it sorted. In Waterworks defence, all my issues they’ve promptly sorted. Never had a PF but I’ve heard similar about them. 

Hi guys,

I heard you have to take the face plate off to tighten the belt? Is that right? Or is it the bolt/alan key on the right hand inside as shown on the photos? Im assuming rotate clockwise to tighten?

You take the face plate off loosen the 4 bolts to the motor then when you turn the Allen key bolt it will move the motor, then tighten 4 bolts (test) then put face plate on

Hi guys,

I heard you have to take the face plate off to tighten the belt? Is that right? Or is it the bolt/alan key on the right hand inside as shown on the photos? Im assuming rotate clockwise to tighten?
You have to take the face plate off to slacken the bolts that hold the motor in place then adjust with the Allen key bolt that sticks up in front of the reel only ever had to adjust all mine reels once since I have had them  

Back