Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New member from ireland

D

Donal

Hi all, Like to say hello, signed up earlier this week. Being in the window cleaning business for nearly twelve years. With losing work days because of bad weather, I also do web development, but I am now going to fully concentrate on the window cleaning side.

Reasons being.

Wife is out sick and is going to be long term, so need to make up the shortfall.

My current clients, are all getting old, I mean a 70 year old is one of the young ones, so I need to find new clients. Did very little work in my home town, as there was to many window cleaners established when I started (I normally drive 40 miles before I start to work) but through my website I am getting a few calls, so I assume a couple of the window cleaners are gone.

I noticed that the younger clients will always say they will phone me when they want them done again, they do not book a regular cleaning, like when I first started in this business. So because of this I need a large client base, hence a lot of time is going to be needed to get that client base.

So that's my story, love the forum.

Theres lots of window cleaners wherever you are, but never assume that the street is locked down. For the ones that just want to call you as and when- be sure to charge them more and it can work to your advantage.

Welcome to the forum matey.

hi donal and welcome , i know what your saying about the ones wanting the occasional clean a few times a year , im in cork and get the same but i double charge them or they can go elsewhere

Welcome Donal!

I'm in North Cork & have gone the opposite way to you - sold up my round & now do web design full time!

Theres lots of window cleaners wherever you are, but never assume that the street is locked down. For the ones that just want to call you as and when- be sure to charge them more and it can work to your advantage.
Welcome to the forum matey.
thats so right, its a common assumption that in your immediate area its all sewn up - then why are you travelling 40 miles and passing lads doing 40 miles to get to your town- i see this everyday , its mad

but so be it!

Welcome m8,had the pleasure of touring your beautiful little lsland last year totally loved it

hi and welcome to the forum @Donal I think we are entering a different part of the economic cycle and as more jobs start showing up less will be doing windowcleaning.../emoticons/biggrin.png so keep plugging away and it will all be worth it in the end...

I know what you mean about people leaving it a while before booking you i just got one for thursday that I thought I had lost. she is now putting the house on the market and wants a good clean ...

This works in my favour as even I cant remember how much I charged last time so it will go up...this happens quite a lot...if they say how much? up it goes..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Morning all,

Thank you for all the welcomes, friendly bunch here.

Answer a few points.

Njones. I will keep doing website development, I have an ecommerce and a cms to do at the moment. The hosting and management fees are also nice but I find web development is to erratic and by God do you work for your money.

So they way I look at it, I want to be a window cleaner, with a regular round, who does websites on the side,

boarcity Understand where your coming from, but driving does not worry me. That town 40 miles away kept me going through hard times and If I had a days work I would not mind travelling distances. My town was totally full of window cleaners and I was also doing a few websites there, so I decided to leave it alone. Do website development in my local town and windows away. I have lost website developments in the past, once they hear I am also a window cleaner, even thought I have around 40 clients in the development side. think its a snob type of view. But I decided sod it, lets do the local town with the windows, more money and less attitude with window cleaning clients.

TolishAPurd, cheapncheerful mr shine. I agree to charge them more if they are not regular and I do. But you do not want to price yourself out of the market either, especially when you are starting to build a round.

abs Now you have a contact over here for the next time you come.

johnny bravo. Midlands, Offaly. Are you from over here?

Back