Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Water Cleaning

Posh

Anyone clean the trad way but with pure water in the bucket with a bit of bubbly. Just wondered if it cleaned better & do you have to detail as much.

I remember once there was a chap who trades in Germany who did it with pure and eventually ecover, swore by it, said his custies were very picky and using pure was better.

Personally, I don't see the joy

I use ecover with pure water it make no difference at all. The water is in the back of the van so i use it

I saw on here somewhere, someone said that as soon as you mop a dirty window then put the mop in the bucket to get it wet again the ppm goes up as its drity.

don't quote me on it, and could someone back me up to say this is true?

yh i agree its kinda pointless, i thought pure water worked as it had no minerals/detergants in it and so dries spot free? as soon as you put ecover in its gonna leave the same drying soaplines i think

Hey gmeister, that was my idea I mentioned about using pure water, then masons came and kicked me told me it was no use lol. But when ever I am out and need to change water I used my pure water, but after a few dips you can see all wee particles floating about, so I agree with masons.. It's like having an ashtray on a motorbike

I use pure water because we use WFP at the same time and i have the water ready. I tell my clients that its better for the windows, but like Belfastcleaning says...

It's like having an ashtray on a motorbike
makes no difference.

first post!

i do all my insides with pure & fairy & cant see any difference to water thats been used all day , i never changed mine when trad unless they looked in my bucket lol

I was thinking about this yesterday, ended up using purewater from the van as forgot to fill bucket up at home (oops) - it could *in theory* make a difference because the total *dissolved* solids would be less? Like, the undissolved solids get squeegeed away, but the minerals in the water are different, perhaps?

Any thoughts? We need a chemist or something to answer this for us, for the most part i'm with the ashtray/motorbike theory but was just thinking there is a possible way that it could actually make a difference as there are no dissolved solids...

I thought using pure water for trad would be a good idea, but after a while dipping your mop into the bucket is going to raise the tds..

I was thinking about this yesterday, ended up using purewater from the van as forgot to fill bucket up at home (oops) - it could *in theory* make a difference because the total *dissolved* solids would be less? Like, the undissolved solids get squeegeed away, but the minerals in the water are different, perhaps?

Any thoughts? We need a chemist or something to answer this for us, for the most part i'm with the ashtray/motorbike theory but was just thinking there is a possible way that it could actually make a difference as there are no dissolved solids...
You at least aren't going to get all the additives that are in tap water ie chlorine etc and dipping your applicator in the bucket obviously still isn't going to add those. If you have a source at hand use it but if not there's not enough of a difference once squeegeed to go to all the trouble.
In a real hard water area I suppose it could make a difference but fairly minimal.

I tried this a while ago as I'm both trad and wfp. I am in a hard water area, around 350tds. I thought like others have said that there would be little point as it will soon dirty when dipping the applicator. I measured the tds during the next hour or so and although it did go up ( to around 100 or so if memory serves me correctly) I reasoned that whatever it went up to, it would always be 350 less than if I'd used tap water. I personally didn't see any difference with the job done though and was surprised to see that the rubber seemed to degrade a lot quicker and lost glide etc. I went back to tap water after a few weeks of this as I was so convinced the rubber didn't work as well.

I tried this a while ago as I'm both trad and wfp. I am in a hard water area, around 350tds. I thought like others have said that there would be little point as it will soon dirty when dipping the applicator. I measured the tds during the next hour or so and although it did go up ( to around 100 or so if memory serves me correctly) I reasoned that whatever it went up to, it would always be 350 less than if I'd used tap water. I personally didn't see any difference with the job done though and was surprised to see that the rubber seemed to degrade a lot quicker and lost glide etc. I went back to tap water after a few weeks of this as I was so convinced the rubber didn't work as well.
I couldn't really comment on the degrading or loss of glide myself but interesting to know that an experienced tradder noticed a change. I use rainwater and lately I've run it through resin and might try it again with tapwater see if theres a difference.

I agree that the rubber doesn't seem to glide as well and wears faster, need to use extra detergent to counter this so not worth using pure if tap is availible.

Back