Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Being messed around

lee.h

Had one or two people mess me about lately, can you do it next week, specifying times etc etc . 'oh can you do it in six weeks' i turned up and a woman asked me to do it when she calls me . You all know the same stories i have no doubt of that haha. Im not really botherd about any of it as thats just how people are. Had one bloke ask for a price and expected them done inside as well for £8, and was mortified when i explained that would be more lol.

Just wondering how you guys cope with this sort of thing and what you beleive to be the best approach with this sort of customer.

i should also point out that because i havnt been going that long im not tooo keen to ditch customers yet, although i will have to do this in the future when i am more established.

Well I would simply laugh it off and and a bit of banter with him about him being old school and paying low prices for everything

If I was you Your just getting started so it good practise for you so just tell him il do it for that this time and in the future for in and out it's £16. Chances are he will be ok with it

if you dont ditch them

youll just have to do what thay want for now

but tbh over £8 id drop them if thay wanted it done monthly as id rather spend that 30-40 mins doign the houses dropping leaflets

problem customers will always be a problem so better off not doing them at all

but for now if thay say oh not now i say ok i'll call round next time i'm in the area so just knock and keep them in your books not someone elses books

if you dont ditch them

youll just have to do what thay want for now

but tbh over £8 id drop them if thay wanted it done monthly as id rather spend that 30-40 mins doign the houses dropping leaflets

problem customers will always be a problem so better off not doing them at all

but for now if thay say oh not now i say ok i'll call round next time i'm in the area so just knock and keep them in your books not someone elses books
Absolutely, as above!. Yes, there is an argument that when you are just starting out, any job is worth doing for the experience, but like welsh says, once you start with that sort of jobs, people will just keep on expecting you do what they want, when they want you to do it.

went and did this house last ***ht actually and just told him straight , politely . this is my price , i dont work for £3 an hour and basically i wont be doing it for any less.. i must point out i worded it politely and his response was yes thats fine. He was very happy with the results actually and we agree'd on a monthly from now on.. i have so much to learn in this game though, learning every day and nothin beats experience..

I've found that you get what I think of as "natural wastage". You'll probably do what you can to accomadate, then one day you'll find you have a choice between doing the aggro customer and one where you know you can get on/be paid or whatever it might be, and you put off doing them. That can stretch to a day or so, and then a week. And before you know it you've replaced them with better work. Gets a bit uncomfortable when they fone or you bump into them in the street, but you deal with it.

It's a shame in many ways, but nobodies perfect. Them or us.

ye i think its just one of those things.. gotta take the the rough with the smooth. im not going back to the one customer and have told them in a nice way why. wont be going out of my way again

Back