Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing this massive warehouse - help!

WW2015

Hi guys,

I've been fortunate (or unfortunate!!) to clean all the steel cladding on this beast. I've never taken on anything this size before so I'm not sure how long it will take and what level to quote at.

I've done a very small tester section which came up great, the algae washed right off and left it looking brand new.

View attachment 7717

Here are some photos; any help would be very appreciated.

View attachment 7714

View attachment 7715

View attachment 7716

View attachment 7718

View attachment 7719

View attachment 7720

View attachment 7721

View attachment 7722

View attachment 7723

probably your day rate x how many days it will take to complete will be nothing worse than under quoting

........... then add a couple of days to make sure you don't under quote. I see those pallets up against the cladding. Yes your customer will promise they won't be there when you arrive, but you will end up moving them.

How to do plan the clean the cladding behind the fencing and also the cladding in the apex of the roof that has decorative steel work in front of it? Photo 175246.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a pressure wash job, cherry pick, 2 blokes and the right kit. Few hours job done.

Water fed pole will be slow, I have had requests for places like that and put them onto looking for someone that pressure washers stuff like that.

But if you have the available time and fancy it then like others have said work out number of days, enhance your day rate and add a bit more on too, and thats your price.

........... then add a couple of days to make sure you don't under quote. I see those pallets up against the cladding. Yes your customer will promise they won't be there when you arrive, but you will end up moving them.
How to do plan the clean the cladding behind the fencing and also the cladding in the apex of the roof that has decorative steel work in front of it? Photo 175246.
The photo is deceptive because of the angle, there is enough room there to maneuver a pole around. With regards to the cladding at the apex, the site manager has already suggested that it would be difficult. Also you can't really softwash the cladding, people are working on site 24/7 pretty close by...offices and parked cars etc.

Also I did say in the original post that I'm not sure how long this job would take me as its so unlike any other job I've done before. Ordinarily I know how to calculate my daily rate... this one is just very different! How long do you think this job would take you to wash over WFP? (this is a requirement for the site manager, he has access to his own pressure washer and cherry picker and seemed very reluctant to use them).

The way I would do this is to break the job up into sections and try to imagine how long each section could take me. (Cut the cake up into small slices and its easier to manage.) That's the way I priced up our local school cleaning job. Some sections I under estimated and other sections I over estimated. All in all, overall time estimated and time taken was pretty close. I estimated the job would take 50 hours and it has taken us 48 hours on 3 annual visits.

Add a bit extra for anything unforseen and the jobs a goodun.

You have already tried cleaning a section so you will have a rough idea how quickly you could clean a square meter. Go from there. Look for issues and try to solve them in your head. Spend time on planning the best way to tackle the job. Difficulties cost time so include that in your pricing. Add half and hour for moving pallets. Add another hour for cleaning around that steel structure etc.

The trouble is that even experienced cleaners will have no idea how long the job will take until its complete. Its all an estimate and hope you have got enough fat in the job if it goes slower than expected.

If you don't get the job don't let it eat you up. They could be getting several quotes and another cleaner may get it totally wrong.

-

Do a test area, see how far you get in 15 mins then try to work out roughly how long it will take, add a bit extra for awkward areas and more stained areas. then add an extra day for good measure.

@Trev81 r u serious few hours lol
That if ur wfp it with chems. Be lucky to get thru it in 3 days with 2 people.
Few hours for professional pressure wash firm I said mate.

To do it wfp yes ages and very boring.

Fb softwash forum

Bloke did similar job last year

Says he power washed previously but softwash miles quicker and better job

Latest Posts

Back