Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sore Hands

Ade

Hi folks, just looking for some feedback.

I'm new to wfp only 2nd week and my hands are killing me with sores and cuts

I wondered if it was the pure water affecting them ?

Is it better to wear gloves and keep the pure water off my hands ?

Why are you getting pure water over your hands? I always wear gloves when using the pole, I never get wet hands which is a good thing as my gloves are not waterproof!

sounds like you are stood to close to upstairs windows and water is running down pole.......

I used to have this problem on my face with splashbacks, used to sting like crazy, no idea why, Not had the problem on my hands though but mind you i was a traditional window cleaner for 16 years before pole work so hands are pretty used to it.

Cheers all, def had some come down the pole, esp when in confined passage ways

Will try and keep water off hands

Brightsure, been trad for 20 years so no idea why getting grief now lol

You should be stood to the side,

Ade i also read you are using an unger brush?

I think you could be the only one i know to use em /emoticons/ohmy.png

Check out gardiner or tecbuk /emoticons/smile.png

My sore thumb. Stings like buggery.

IMAG0223_zpsc0578884.jpg

Oh yes I have a few windows up tight alleys and have got soaked a few times, I use tecbuk brushes, and tecbuk have an attachment that will swivel the brush, so instead of standing directly under the window, you can stand to the side, and the brush stays horizontal, instead of being slanted, is much easier and quicker to clean..

Check it out, https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/4839-tecbuk-sidetrack-review/page-4#entry98550

I also like the hybrid brush, and the full polyester by tecbuk

i too have had the chinese torture of water dripping down the pole onto sub zero hands, i will get some seal skinz or something but i dont get why its started dripping, when the pole/brush was brand new i had no problems but i thought i had a leak on the orange pipe on the aquadapter but i now think its dripping off the brush onto the pole......i want to stop it cause last week it was killing me and this week dont look any better temp-wise

Back