Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone ever sold their business then regretted it and decided to start again cleaning windows.

I did that when i moved from london as i had found a firm i could sub off where i moved too and london was a mission every day

Wish i had kept it sometimes as subbing wasn't as great as i thought it would be (only lose 20% and have as much work as i wanted with no paperwork etc)

I did it before I moved to Australia always regretted it, moved home after 5 years to a new county worked for a local window cleaner for a while before going out on my own,only out on my own now 3 months & loving it, was slow starting out but flat out now between windows, gutter cleaning & fascias & soffits

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I had a lucky escape I guess I sold my round in 2007 for absolute peanuts.

£1200 I got for it. Achieved £3200 a month (trad)

I always regretted it but ran into the chap yesterday who bought it. He's converted the round to wfp and said its a nightmare. I suddenly remembered that most houses you had to go over a garage lol

So maybe a silver lining somewhere.

Sold mine in Jersey. What I regret is not going straight on the windows when we moved to Notts. Tried other stuff first for a year and totally depleted our savings.

If I could go back I would have moved here with van ready to go and an A-Z.

Back