Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Asked to quote the local b&q store

Tuffers

The outsides are absolutely minging! I will also have to clean all of the insides including sliding doors etc. I walked round and jotted the prices down on my pad. Just added it all up, but haven't told them how much yet.

How much do you think it all added up to? Remember theses stores have lots of glass and high internal windows too.

I was looking at my local b and q funny enough its got some sort of glass pigeon tower for some reason I know not...but would be a cracker of a job to get...er seeing as we dont know what your local b and q looks like its what you call a random shot game...

er...er...£er...£250 and one pounds..and a free cup of tea from the cafe...hey at least they have toilets.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I was looking at my local b and q funny enough its got some sort of glass pigeon tower for some reason I know not...but would be a cracker of a job to get...er seeing as we dont know what your local b and q looks like its what you call a random shot game...
er...er...£er...£250 and one pounds..and a free cup of tea from the cafe...hey at least they have toilets.../emoticons/biggrin.png
You forgot a free bacon buttie @cheapncheerful !

I kinda got peeded off with them because they started out diy and then started the trade point stuff and that annoyed me...they are either one or the other I cant be messed with so I dont bother with em any more may as well use local builders merchant

yeh I can get my free bacon buttie at local builders merchant as well...

I couldnt do it as there are too many short skirts that would distract me...all asking for a screw.../emoticons/biggrin.png

The outsides are absolutely minging! I will also have to clean all of the insides including sliding doors etc. I walked round and jotted the prices down on my pad. Just added it all up, but haven't told them how much yet.
How much do you think it all added up to? Remember theses stores have lots of glass and high internal windows too.
Gotta go on hourly rate I think,cover your ass with an extra hour or two....good luck

You know what will happen if too cheap

Got folding trolley from b and q as £5 cheaper, same spec

Both owned by same parent company I think.

They are loaded so I hope it's at least £250 monthly for half a day, help keep Mrs tuffers in the 'manor' to which she has become accustomed I'm sure ;-)

I have no Idea of the size of store you are talking about but commercial stuff like that I would not be cheap at all neither would they expect it to be.

Just bear in mind one thing - sliding doors - obviously can't do them while they are working and if you have them switched off, you get a problem with customers not being able to use them. You can waste a lot of time faffing about waiting for a member of staff to operate them, allow for that. I do a garden centre with only one set of sliding doors and I can loose up to fifteen minutes getting them switched of and on (even if you've got the key, you can only operate from one side).

I think this one is dead in the water. I have phoned back twice and had to leave a message for the manager to call me back. No call back yet and they haven't heard what the price is going to be either. **** em, I got a big builders clean come in today anyway :thumbsup:

I never chase jobs I've quoted on as if they want me they will let me know in their own good time.

To keep phoning up chasing work is a sign of desperation as I see it and they probably think so too.

However I may phone once just to make sure they have got my email quote ok though if I don't get a email notification that the quote has been read. I find it easier to just send a quote attached in pdf format than mess about with hand delivery or snail mail.

Back