Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trainers??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My mate works for sky and says they are not allowed on ladders without boots as the heels will stop your foot slipping off the rungs and through the ladderI can't get on with working in boots as I can't run around on sloped roofs without the grip of my trainers

anyone else or just me?
Boots in the winter, trainers in the summer. I don't like steel toe-caps, they cramp my toes and they are too heavy for our job. The boots I have at the moment are based on Doc Martins', really light and comfortable (£30). I have bought walking boots before, but they always wear out quickly.

That sounds exhausting just thinking about all those steps at my age./emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't get on with steelsAm driving round east central London tonight running up and down tower blocks

Have to wear steels

Feel like old fashioned divers boots

washing your feet in salt water stops them humming the next day . i only discovered this recently by swimmin in the sea most afternoons.

That sounds exhausting just thinking about all those steps at my age./emoticons/biggrin.png
Don't really have a choice

I reckon 3 or 4 more weeks and I'll have enough work to jack it in

Dealing with snobby tits around canary wharf aint fun

I wear trainers in the summer when I have my shorts on but steel toecap high ankle boots the rest of the year. I find boots more comfortable when standing on the ladder plus better for gripping.

Good quality goretex walking boots for winter, sambas or trainers for summer.

But i cant wear trainers whilst using ladders for to long as it hurts my feet.

Sambas are the comfiest shoes in the world, and last bloody ages too.

I just got some of those karrimor trainers from sports direct as well the week for £24, good buy and comfy too

I wonder if anyone has been daft enough to wear flip flops whilst doing the windows
okay i do wear jesus sandles they are great and you can really wind the kids up when you wear socks...i just used to put them on at home to annoy them..no flip flops defo dodgy...

i not chancing it now smurfy...

I wonder if anyone has been daft enough to wear flip flops whilst doing the windows
Erm, yes, I did my windows tonight and went up the ladder in flip flops to get on the extension roof. I'm a professional though :thumbsup:

somewhere i read that you can get parrot foot syndrome from decades of ladderwork ,where your feet turn into a birds foot. yet to see it myself

Latest Posts

Back