Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

medium size van

Spartan

Fiat Doblo... Vauxhal Combo.

Good little vans or piece of excrement?

I was going to view one this weekend but couldnt make it - having second thoughts now....

Any input/advice especially if you've had one..

cheers lads

Did you consider other cars like peugeot partner or citroen berlingo. My brother have one (berlingo) and after 12 years still going strong.

stop messing about saveing cash , just buy a transit with a 6speed box , get it limited to 60mph like ours are all done there as cheap to run as any thing and they do the job better then any thing else

stop messing about saveing cash , just buy a transit with a 6speed box , get it limited to 60mph like ours are all done there as cheap to run as any thing and they do the job better then any thing else
I probably will go for a transit eventually.

Bit expensive right now though.

Just need a cheaper van to last till 2019 then trade up

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

This is also good suggestion...

Ford transit connect, I have a 650ltr tank in it, have been driving it around for 5 years now with no real major issues, I will always stick with Ford when it comes to vans.

I've got a transit connect too. I've got the high roof long wheel base one with one ton payload.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

750 is a big tank for a small van , we have one in a old shape expert 1.9d and it bloodly hard work driving it

over the years ive had over 70 vans , running in at dhl and city link ect ect and one thing ive learnt is , its never the cheaper way making doing until you have saved up , as you end up spending all the money you save and earn on putting it right all the time

borrow , steal , beg , sell what ever you can to buy the best van with the lowest miles and the most history you can afford as it needs to start everyday and needs to go out earning without spending money on it down time is a killer as your earning northing yet spending 100s in garge fees

cheers for the advice lads.

I obviously didnt explain myself very well (wont be the first/last time :oops: )

Tank would only be about 350/400 so a 750 payload or there abouts would be enough i reckon so only a medium van needed such as the combo/doblo/berlingo/partner size vehicle.

That way i can afford a newer low mileage one.

As i work in London it will have to be sold on before 2020 anyway:(

I've got a transit connect too. I've got the high roof long wheel base one with one ton payload.

I have the same one just in the process of getting sign written is yours a diy system mate or did you buy a system in and what size tank do you have full of questions me /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have the same one just in the process of getting sign written is yours a diy system mate or did you buy a system in and what size tank do you have full of questions me /emoticons/biggrin.png
I bought a system mate. It's only 325 litres but I'm never more than three or four miles away from where I get my pure water.

Cheers I want a system installed want one with ro and di built in think I will start a new thread.

then get the combo I found them better then the connect we have had three combos and two connects all driven like they were stolen buy my staff the combo won on the cost of keeping it going hands down

stop away from the utter rubbish 1.3s , 1.7s are best . I found the 16v one did 9 miles to the gallen more then the stock turbo one , theres a common fault with the 1.7. of dry joins in the ecu but that a quick 150 pound fix

connects are bigger but use more fuel then the combo and I found them more like a van to drive , rear axle mounts on the older ones can be a night mare so watch out for them , and you don't get many toys in them unless you go top speck

Back