Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro to hose connector problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

the ro to hose connector I just bought is leaking real bad I have connected correctly I think bought it off eBay the hose part is brass wonder if it that what makes any different bought all new connectors for my new DI vessel even took the brass fitting of my garden hose to see if that helped but to no avail, notice on wcw website their ro to hose connector is plastic.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks.

Check that the O ring on the male fitting is not damaged. It must be perfect even although the water isn't under much pressure at that point.

There must also be a seal or washer between the plastic female thread and the male insert that screws into it.

-

Will check tomorrow spruce can't be certain but I don't it is from the latter, will check properly tomorrow already ask eBay seller for a return and ordered one from wcw along with a couple of other things.

Thanks.

Gotta be honest Den, I've never had success with metal hoselok fittings. I rely on good quality plastic ones, something like Gardena. I don't know what it is with the metal ones but it seems the tolerances are all off. Certainly if you're using a trolley don't push metal fittings into plastic ones as the minute the metal ones get damaged they will scratch up the inside surface of the plastic ones and they will leak like sieves. you could try a little silicon grease smeared on the o ring. Might help it seal a bit better

This is the one I bought see below plastic in photo but sent a brass one.

Thanks for the Info Mark.

HOSE - RO CONNECTOR

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hozelock do a little pack of various washers for all their fittings, might be worth picking up a package two and switching them out.

When I changed my pipework over to 1/2" John guest I used loads of them connectors, with various hozelock ends on. Some of them leaked and others didn't. In the end I used swimming pool sealant on them all - just a little on the threads, none have leaked since. I have even done the same on my van tank as I fitted hozelock connectors directly to my Shurflo pump when I was using it to fill up from my IBC tank. The sealant I used is called CT1, quite expensive but can be used underwater it's that good!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the replies have ordered another one from wcw this time will wait and see how that is, if still got problems will order some CT1.

Thanks.

Back