Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cowboy Window Cleaners Are Killin Me

dasslr1

94 to go
as some of you know i quoted a house the other day for an old couple ,there house is on a nice big street with lots of big houses .today i quoted another house on the same street (sigh) quoted them £17 itll take me less then an hour 15 windows on the house i said £11 and the conseratory £6 i thought id gone in cheap and was happy with the hourly rate . she said no cos her window cleaner does it for £x amount .after i picked up my jaw off the floor i asked her how long he takes to do them ,she say she doesnt know cos shes never in .by the way while i was quotin her windows the frames look like they need a clean ,dead flys,bugs,dirt. cobwebs.

sometimes i wonder if its me im i chargin to much ?????

and would you like to take a guess at what the other window cleaner was chargin?

£6. We had a flyer through a while back stating 3 bed house £6, we live in a 3 bed with 2 5 pane bays on the front plus another bedroom window and a door, 4 windows on the side and 4 windows and a door on the back. I told the wife to ring him up!

If this happens to me I just look as pleasant as I can and say - Well I'm happy that you've got a window cleaner, and leave it at that. There's no use in persisting, as, if you persuade them to have you do it when they're not really sure, they'll probably drop you later. I've had that.

Keep plugging away Dassir. Not trying to be rude but, how professional is your set up? Can you put over that you are more professional than other cleaners to potential customers?

I had a neighbour of a client ask me to quote her house last week. Now the house I clean is £15. The neighbour pays her present windy £8. But when you see the job he does there is easily a £7 difference. I said to the neighbour that my client gets the works, whereas she obviously does not. Her house looks **** tbh. He gets £8 and obviously can't be arsed. She asked me to quote a whole house clean, gutters, fascias, garage door etc. Still waiting for an answer. If I don't get it I don't get it, but I know it'll look the dogs when I'm finished.

Be confident, wear uniform, be professional etc and you won't go far wrong mate.

ill tell you what the other window cleaner was chargin and he was just cleaning the house .........drum roll.........

£5 for 15 windows thats erm 33p for each window lol

TUFFERS no worries bud no insult taken,i anyways turn up at the door clean shaven nicely dressed and a black folder with prices and what i do on the job.

Keep plugging away Dassir. Not trying to be rude but, how professional is your set up? Can you put over that you are more professional than other cleaners to potential customers?

I had a neighbour of a client ask me to quote her house last week. Now the house I clean is £15. The neighbour pays her present windy £8. But when you see the job he does there is easily a £7 difference. I said to the neighbour that my client gets the works, whereas she obviously does not. Her house looks **** tbh. He gets £8 and obviously can't be arsed. She asked me to quote a whole house clean, gutters, fascias, garage door etc. Still waiting for an answer. If I don't get it I don't get it, but I know it'll look the dogs when I'm finished.

Be confident, wear uniform, be professional etc and you won't go far wrong mate.
its funny you should mention that, i have a few houses on 1 street and a few on another, some here and there .but now im gettin more work from people coming out to me and askin if i can do theres.because there seeing what a differents there is .but on this street iv been postin i dont have any ,if i can just get 1 theyll see what great work i do and more will follow.i dont like to bad mouth another window cleaner but for £5s theyre rushing to get the job done and missin all the frames.ty for comments .i do on the other hand need a shirt with my logo on which im getting very soon .cheers also iv been told to get some before and after pictures in my black folder .

that is very nice and itll deffo come in handy for winter .ill go for a dark colour me thinks ,but the hot pink might get some attention lol

As Tuffers says when you do a good job people notice the difference, They talk about it and they watch you when you work so it will come good mate

Friend of mine (window cleaner), who I work with on occasions, used to live above another window cleaner who would brag about his "check & charge" work, where he'd turn up at an address & if no one was home, and the windows looked clean he'd simply put a bill through the letterbox.

Friend of mine (window cleaner), who I work with on occasions, used to live above another window cleaner who would brag about his "check & charge" work, where he'd turn up at an address & if no one was home, and the windows looked clean he'd simply put a bill through the letterbox.
surely the customer would know if their windows would have been cleaned? i know my customers do

I know of a few window cleaners who do this in town on numerous shops, along with just wiping their windwash along the sills to make it look like it's been done.

When I was working shifts and doing window cleaning on the side, I was still charging the full rate. I can't understand these mugs who do it for half, or even a third the price,

Back